CANKLES

Options
Cankles. I have them, and I HATE them. Any body been successful getting rid of them without surgery? If so, what's your secret?

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    walking i my best help :wink: and lots of it! :noway:

good luck
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Idk, if it's your bone structure, you probably can't do anything about it.

Heels probably would help camouflage it pretty well though =]

If it's from weight, you can't 'spot lose' in your ankles, but maybe do some exercises to tone them up & if you lose overall weight you'll lose some from ankles too :)
  • magdamccraven
    magdamccraven Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Could you be retaining water? I had them. They looked like weird little cabbage patch legs and feet. My doc put me on a diuretic and they were gone in 48 hours. I still don't have cute little birdie ankles but the cankles are gone.
  • kayleeblue
    Options
    I have them and hate them...heels haven't helped me at all...Sucks...I just may try the diuretic tho...Good Luck!!
  • nikki91950
    Options
    my legs do swell quite a bit during the day, and i'm only borderline overweight, so maybe diuretics might help.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I don't think that there is any way to get rid of them. My sister, who is fit and has been her whole life, has had cankles her whole life. They don't look bad. We tend to pick on ourselves and notice flaws that other's don't even see!
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Don't overdo the diuretics.. not healthy for you. If your Dr prescribes them, that's another situation..
  • nikki91950
    Options
    that's what i meant. i need to go to a doctor and ask about it.
  • devilblkdress
    Options
    I hate to tell you this but I have lost over a 100lbs and I still have cankles :-( It is horrible. I am finally not obese but still have fat legs, big calves, and no ankles. My dreams of buying my 20 eye Dr Marten boots were foiled when I reached my goal weight when I realized I will never have thin legs. I am just not genetically built that way. Hopefully, your cankle situation is not as severe as mine but in most cases it is a structural situation and diuretics are definitely not the answer though walking always can help in any problem!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I hate to tell you this but I have lost over a 100lbs and I still have cankles :-( It is horrible. I am finally not obese but still have fat legs, big calves, and no ankles. My dreams of buying my 20 eye Dr Marten boots were foiled when I reached my goal weight when I realized I will never have thin legs. I am just not genetically built that way. Hopefully, your cankle situation is not as severe as mine but in most cases it is a structural situation and diuretics are definitely not the answer though walking always can help in any problem!

honey REALLY TRY WALKING lots it really works! :drinker: