Binges

Options
Does anyone have problems with binge eating? Binge eating is my downfall and I have a hard time stopping once I start. Anyone have tips?

Replies

• NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yes, Until last year I was horrible. I would go on 3k binges a few times a month. It wasn't until I started using this website and recording my calories that I even reconized that I was eating that many calories to begin with. I had no idea how much of a problem I truly had.

At first it was hard. I was still binging at about 2.5k about 2times a month in the beginning but it got easier. Now I almost never break my calorie count and I have been able to lose 20 pounds. So just be honest with yourself. It happens. We have all been there. We will all support you. We will offer help in any way we can.

Good Luck in your journey ^.^ Remember... It does get easier
  • Chelsea_Marinos
    Chelsea_Marinos Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would love to give you a tip but I am probably the worst out there. I need some help myself!!! I was doing this program fro two months and did the 30 day shred and as soon as I finished the shred I took literally a week long binge with no exercise it was awful. All I can tell you that helps me snap out of it is to think about why I started this life change pop in my work out video and get serious again. thank goodness halloween candy is off the shelfs... hello Christmas... lol Good luck and I hope you find the cure on here so I can use it as well :)
  • radicalmom
    radicalmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    There are some excellent books out there about binge eating. I have found them to be a great resource. Also, if I get too deeply in deprivation mode it can get me eating when I am not physically hungry. Good luck!
  • radicalmom
    radicalmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So very well said!! Good work losing 20 pounds. My goodness that is a lot of weight!
  • Molissa08
    Molissa08 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I had a terrible binge last night and I just couldn't stop myself - I definitely paid for it today (felt bloated and nauseous for most of the morning). I did work out today, which helped me get back on track a little. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    This is my problem right now. I drop five or so pounds then I binge and gain it all right back.
  • travm2007
    Options
    Binges are what got me to where I am today. I have a problem with one extreme or the other food wise. I can be extremely good with my food all day long then I get to feeling that I did so good I "deserve" to cheat and eat something bad. Fast food is my downfall and once I have just one item from a fast food joint (doesn't matter what it is or where it's from) all I do is crave more junk food.

My current solution has been to really rely on my calorie counts for the day and if that doesn't work I make myself go online and look at the nutrition guides for the junk food I want before I allow myself to consider eating it. Usually the five minute delay and the staggering calorie counts I read are enough to make the binge craving go away.