So excited!

Options
When I started mfp, I weighed 255. I decided to do diet only, and to incorporate exercise later....I guess I was afraid that if I did it all at once, I would become overwhelmed and quit.

So when I reached the 240s, I started using my treadmill for 15 minutes a day, approx 5-6 days a week. That was about all I could handle. I made a deal with myself that when I got into the 230s, I would up it to 20 minutes. I would continue this pattern, upping my exercise by five minutes for each new set of tens of my weight.

Well...I am pleased to report that as of this morning, I will be doing twenty five minutes a day!!! That,s right -- 229.0, baby!!!!

I have never been more excited to have to exercise!!!!

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable!! Nothing is impossible; it just goes to show. I admire your hard work so much, and I'm so happy for you! Have a fantastic workout!! :D
  • luckyvirgo
    luckyvirgo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Dawn,

You are inspiring! Congratulations and great work!

Julie
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Awsome job!!!
  • Missmaggieann
    Missmaggieann Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's great.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am very excited for you. Keep up the good work.
  • MsWilder818
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the hard work. I support you :)
  • MarlaChandlerBarton
    Options
    Woo Hoo! So awesome, Dawn! :drinker:
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That's great! Thank you for sharing your inspiring story!

11575603.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congratulations! I love that you are taking baby steps to your new healthier life! Way to go!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I love love love the way you are pacing yourself and easing your body into fitness. I love that you'd rather keep going than get hurt. I love that you have patience. And I love that you have worked out a plan that slowly builds your fitness instead of going crazy and leaving yourself nowhere to go down the line.

Great pace and success. Smart. I know you got this!
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You go woman! What a great plan you have working for you... that is awesome!! *scribbling, taking notes* Fabulous work & congrats :))
  • pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    That's great keep up the good work. You can do it!
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Great approach and great results, keep on tread-milling :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!