My goal is to lose 67 pounds by October 2012

Options
I am 52 years old and weigh more than I Ever have. I was close to this weight about 11 years ago. I lost 60 pounds and have managed to put it all back on.

I have been tracking and logging in everyday since I found this sight Monday 11.7.11. I have joined a excercise place in a local town and have started slowly to get back in the exercise routine. My knees are bothering me when I use the treadmill. I am trying to work up to the zumba class. Not sure I am ready to jump right in yet.

I feel a little frustrated today. I know you are not supposed to weigh but once a week. But I weighed this am and I have only lost a pound.

I need to keep going no matter what.

I hope and pray this is the start of my new thinner and healthier life.:smile:

Replies

• FindingMyself239
    Options
    You can do it just take it step by step...day by day...a pound is good that's like a 4 stick pack of better..today starts a new beginning for you...dont give up and dnt loose sight of your goal which i know you gonna reach your goal...add me for support because I got your back...good luck and STAY OFF THE SCALE:)
  • oma5
    oma5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged, remember it took you a while to put the wight on so it will take a while to get rid of it. One pound is great, its gone and thats how you will do it. One pound at a time. Good for you, continue on your journey to successful weight loss no matter how slow or fast.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    hi DONT be discouraged....you are doing what you are supposed to lose weight and get healthy.....i lose weight very slowly VERY....and sometime i get frustrated as well....just remember that you can start at your next meal, with good choices....good luck on your journey and add me it you like....:flowerforyou:
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That is so doable! I am also a scale-junkie, but I'm trying to reform - it's tough but we can do it :) Welcome to the rest of your life :)
  • leken04
    leken04 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged and frustrated. I felt like that at first when I began this journey June 30th but my mantra is to lose SOMETHING every week. Sometimes it's a half a pound or less but all of that adds up and now I'm at 34lbs. So keep going!! You'll start to see a difference and will find out what works for you!! Have a great day!!!
  • Lindalaird
    Lindalaird Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support. I know it is a long tough journey. But, I know I can do it. I am probably like everyone else -I want to see immediate results.

When you say add me for support - is there a place to do this?

Linda
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. Just take it one day at a time. Make a lot of friends on this site. They really help to motivate you. Log in everything, every day, good or bad. Also exercise when you can. I only walk for 20-30 minutes a few times a week and maybe do some step ups. Open your diary for your friends. I especially watch my sodium level as well. Good Luck. :smile: You can add me if you like.'

To add people just click on their name. A page will come up asking if you want to add as friend.
  • Christi1979
    Christi1979 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can do this, just keep your head up. Don't get discouraged if you don't lose it as quickly as you want....every step, every lb, is taking you toward your goal.
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Remember that slow and steady is the most effective way to build lasting habits/changes!