2»

Replies

• Ping_A1C2U
    Ping_A1C2U Posts: 91
    Options
    low fat string cheese

medium cheddar cheese

sliced apple with natural peanut butter

fresh fruit - I never really ate much fruit before, and only bananas or pineapple if i did, so this is kind of new and exciting. nectarines, strawberries, pears...I have to eat them with cheese or some other fat/protein because it softens the glucose spike.

Mini Rice Cakes (caramel corn are o.m.g.)

No matter what it is, I only bring enough to work for 1 serving, so there's no chance for me to overdo it and eat 5 servings. I bring a morning snack and an afternoon snack. I don't let myself have them in the evening at home, by convincing myself I can eat more dinner if i skip snacking =)
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    My favorite lately is 1/2 c each fresh blueberries and raspberries with 1 TBSP Almond Accents topped with a dollop of FF Cool Whip.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Tasty ideas... I'll have to check out rice cakes. I just remember them from the days when my mom was dieting. Maybe I'll be able to like them this time around.

A hard boiled egg or a protein bar have been on my go to list lately. I just need to cut out the after dinner snacking...
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries ... berries! berries! berries! :love:

For a crunchy fix, cucumber or celery sprinkled with a bit of sea salt.

For a heathy chocolate fix, hot chocolate made with fair trade cocoa and semi-skimmed milk. :drinker:
  • Kimbers70
    Kimbers70 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Awesome tips!
  • Chelseazavala
    Options
    Sun chips ;]
  • RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    a few favorites:
    1. emerald almonds in various flavors. Measure out the calories you want and soooo filling.
    2. carbmaster yogurt in various flavors. Kroger has done a great job for 60 calories and 6 oz.
    3. Jack Links premium beef jerky. My favorite is any flavor with heat.
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hummus and carrots
    Chobani Greek Yougut
    Nuts
    Almost any fruit