Healthy snacks you recommend?

Options
2»

Replies

• bstiver
    bstiver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The atkins endulge bars are pretty good and low cal. They run about the same calories as a nutrigrain bar.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Just plain dark chocolate. that's my favorite. Lindt or Green & Black. I only eat chocolate 70% & above cocoa. Its so rich, it fulfills all my cravings! 2 squares of Lindt Smooth Dark Chocolate (white package) is only 110 calories, 9.5 gms fat, 8.5 carbs. (Fat is not the enemy)

Green & Black makes some AWESOME Dark Chocolate, yes! You can find them in many US supermarkets these days too!
  • nate94gt
    nate94gt Posts: 2
    Options
    I guess it all depends on your goals and if you are just eating healthier or cutting certain things. For me, i try to limit carbs, so fruit is out. otherwise, fruit is awesome. Apples, oranges, grapes, peaches, yum yum yum.

I go for almonds, cottage cheese, beef jerky, hardboiled eggs, string cheese, turkey pepperoni, sugar free jello... those are my typical go to snacks.
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I love banana's, string cheese, my WW and skinny cow ice cream, hummus with whole wheat pita chips or triscuit roasted garlic crackers, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, almonds, and i love the fiber one coconut bars that taste like GS samoa's and the fiber one mocha chocolate bars. I also do crackers with laughing cow light cheese wedge, and veggies with the hummus or laughing cow.
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Options
    Fiber One 90 cal Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chewy Bars are amazing! Great, quick chocolate fix.
    Also laughing cow cheese, I also carry that, or jello, as a snack for school. Low calories, quick between class snack. :)
  • artvandalay
    Options
    I crave chocolate as well.

To satisfy my chocolate cravings - I go for Milk Chocolate Slimfast in 1% milk, or Vita Muffins (chocolate) only 100 calories and high in fiber. I also like Target brand protein bars in chocolate graham. They are next to the Zone bars.
  • Kimbers70
    Kimbers70 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Love these forums. Making my grocery list for the week and need some healthy snack tips for my family. You all rock!
  • big_dog8
    big_dog8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    jello sugar free fat free chocolate pudding is great and low in cal! you can add lite cool whip, put all in blender and makes a chocolate mousse. i order the chocolate protein bars from Diet Direct online, the wonderslim bars are great. low sugar, low carbs and high protein...shoot for at least 15 g. protein. Chocolate protein powder drinks are good too for chocolate cravings. i do high protein, low sugar/carbs....keeps me from craving sweets like i used to!
  • wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    Here's what I've found for myself in regards to sugar/chocolate cravings:

- Some type of chocolate protein bar (yeah, it's not quite the same but it works and I feel way less guilty about it). I just keep a few around these days.

- Replacing my usual post work out/recovery drink with skim/1% chocolate milk

- If I'm feeling really decadent, I'll go with dried mango slices (SUPER high in sugar though)

Otherwise my default generic snack is raw almonds.. if I'm feeling like salty.. I'll just go with tamari almonds instead.