"normal weight girls" trying to lose weight

Options
Im 5'3 and a half and im at a normal weight (111lbs) but still want to go lower (105ish), i want to be on the thin side . Any other chicas want the same ? same height ? same goal ? add me xx i need some new weightloss buddies :)

Replies

• dancer4275
    Options
    hey! I'm 5'8. 120-135 ish lbs. a healthy weight. trying to get to a healthy 115-120! welcome!
  • krieholler
    krieholler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3, 123 pounds and trying to get to 110! It kind of sucks. do you think it is tough for people our height and weight to lose?
  • fanullona
    fanullona Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3" and want to lose 10lbs!
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3, 123 pounds and trying to get to 110! It kind of sucks. do you think it is tough for people our height and weight to lose?

Yes, it is!
  • emmalouise21
    Options
    i'm 5'9, currently weigh 156lb. Want to get down to 140lb, then see what i look like then, if i still don't like the look will try and push for 134lbs xx
  • tinywithaBIGheart
    Options
    I think its tougher for shorter girls to lose weight . Plus the closer you are to your GW, the harder too . PLUS , when you are closer to your GW, every pound you lose usually makes a noticeable difference . Id say it is :p
  • tinywithaBIGheart
    Options
    I think its tougher for shorter girls to lose weight . Plus the closer you are to your GW, the harder too . PLUS , when you are closer to your GW, every pound you lose usually makes a noticeable difference . Id say it is :p
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4", currently 125 trying to get to 120. I'm trying to lose that little bit of "soft around the middle"! Add me!
  • krieholler
    krieholler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did this weight for height thing online and it said I should be like 110-115 pounds based on my 5'2-5'3 height. Yet a BMI calculator says I am a healthy weight so it is really tough for me to lose weight here without making major sacrifices. I am a runner and I run to eat!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options

It all depends on your built but honestly I don't think its healthy enough to be too thin unless if you happen to have small bones then its still reasonable to go on the lower range of BMI but otherwise, just stick to the middle normal range & maintain from there. Another thing, being thin doesn't mean you're healthy. The scale doesn't say it all, what's more important is your body fat % and your overall body composition. If you look at some athletes, they are very lean & yet if you ask them about their weight, you maybe surprised to know that their weight is on the "overweight" range of the BMI. On the other hand there are many who weigh less but have high percentage of body fat so that explains thin people with a pronounced belly pooch, saggy arms, cottage cheese thighs or a muffin top (aka "skinny-fat"). Aside from it appears ugly, being "skinny-fat" is dangerous & their health risk is the same as with overweight & obese people.
  • carysjones13
    Options
    I'm 5'6, 134lbs trying to get to around 110 ish. its proving difficult but I'm hoping to get there soon. I just need to get rid of that heavy feeling that you get sometimes.. :smile:
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    your in the right place, commitment, commitment, and you will get there, like your pics!
  • erinmac0211
    erinmac0211 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm now, after my 3 surgeries since 2010, at the higher end of the "normal" range. However my height to waist ratio is very healthy. I just need to lose the fat that I accumulated while being inactive after my surgeries.
    I am currently 134 lbs, a lot of fat solely around my lower abs, and quite muscular.
    And yeah I believe it is more difficult for us to lose weight, one we're women and 2 we're short and in a healthy range so it will be more difficult to lose "the last 10"

Good luck to everyone on your weightloss journeys add me if ya want :smile:
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    5'2'' and at 125 right now
    but my goal is 115 :D
    but right now i am more focusing on non-scale goals like improving my running time and eating more clean. when i was 110 several years ago haha, i looked sickly at 5'2'' but thats just me! but this time i have muscles!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options

It all depends on your built but honestly I don't think its healthy enough to be too thin unless if you happen to have small bones then its still reasonable to go on the lower range of BMI but otherwise, just stick to the middle normal range & maintain from there. Another thing, being thin doesn't mean you're healthy. The scale doesn't say it all, what's more important is your body fat % and your overall body composition. If you look at some athletes, they are very lean & yet if you ask them about their weight, you maybe surprised to know that their weight is on the "overweight" range of the BMI. On the other hand there are many who weigh less but have high percentage of body fat so that explains thin people with a pronounced belly pooch, saggy arms, cottage cheese thighs or a muffin top (aka "skinny-fat"). Aside from it appears ugly, being "skinny-fat" is dangerous & their health risk is the same as with overweight & obese people.

YESSS I agree!! I'd rather be a lean 125 than a flabby 110 :)
  • chicagomaria
    chicagomaria Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!! What about us tall girls? I'm 5 11 and I was a normal weight of 175 last year....now I'm 190...we ALL can do it!
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 147lbs with a BMI of 22.3. Want to get down to between 130 and 135lbs eventually. Not sure why I have that number in mind though to be honest! Just seems like it'll be a good place to be :)

Feel free to add me.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Tougher may not be true, but it seems to be so much easier for a tall person to "hide" 5 pounds! It's so much more noticeable on us shorties!
  • Dr_Farru
    Dr_Farru Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    hey! I'm 5'8. 120-135 ish lbs. a healthy weight. trying to get to a healthy 115-120! welcome!

For your height, the lowest you should be is 122. Otherwise you're underweight, and that is not considered healthy either!
    Best of luck girl!
  • Dr_Farru
    Dr_Farru Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 147lbs with a BMI of 22.3. Want to get down to between 130 and 135lbs eventually. Not sure why I have that number in mind though to be honest! Just seems like it'll be a good place to be :)

Feel free to add me.

Seems like a very reasonable goal :)
    I am at 162.2 right now.. 5'8.. my eventual goal is 122 but I would be very happy at 134! :-)