question for mommas...possibly tmi...

Options
do you find it hard to drink 8 glasses of water a day...like you leak throughout the day if you do drink this much?

Replies

• MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I usually drink 3-4 L a day, but I am forever running to the bathroom to pee!
  • cjsgrimlin
    Options
    i find it hard to find the time to drink!!! But yeah, especially since my allergies are acting up and i'm sneezing alot!!
  • eponine1976
    eponine1976 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 months pregnant and my food log usually has me recording about 15 cups of water a day. I'm just really thirsty I guess. I do pee a LOT but of course that is normal for pregnancy. I haven't had any leaking though (well maybe when the baby decides to kick my bladder).
  • vintx
    vintx Posts: 34
    Options
    i feel ya girl! do those kegels! they will help. you can also wear a poise panty liner if you have small leaks. they help a lot. ;)
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I can't jump on a trampoline anymore. After my first kid, it was possible... After the second kid... well, I can't, and I miss it so much. But, I do find that if I drink a lot I leak doing jumping jacks :( However, if you are experiencing leakage without movement, I would see a doctor because this may be signs of a serious problem.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I do not leak throughout the day but I do find it helpful to wear a pantiliners for those unexpected moments. Also during energetic exercise (anything with jogging/running/jumping). It's embarrassing but my first baby did some damage during a long pushing phase. Having problems while exercising is bad enough, but if you're having problems at random points during the day I agree, you might want to mention it to your dr just to be safe.
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That's why I workout first thing in the morning before I drink all that water...lol!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I drink a ton of water. And I wear poise pads too (they work way better than panty liners and are as thin). IT is what it is. I sneeze and I pee. I cough and I pee. I once peed myself completely jumping on a trampoline. Good thing I can laugh at myself.
  • gretchensdoll
    Options
    I have to drink lots of water cause Iive in desert climate. Sometimes if I sneeze I leak a bit. I do regular Keigals
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Just posted the other day about having to run at work and being proud that I made it to the fight w/o having to stop but I did pee a little bit while running.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I used to leak a bit after the birth of #2, but I got this wonderful DVD from Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FCWHPA/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details
    Within two weeks of starting some of these exercises, I found I no longer leaked. It's been a few months and I haven't worried about leaking for months. If you have the $, this DVD is worth shot to try.
    The DVD is "DOWN THERE" FOR WOMEN with Katy Bowman, M.S., incase the link doesn't work.
  • mamajock2
    Options
    don't drink too much water..especially before doing jumping jacks...LOL...nothing but a leaking facet
  • KenziesMomma11
    KenziesMomma11 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    oh ladies, thank you so much for your responses!

its nice to know i'm not the only fool peeing myself and then giggling a little bit!!

i do find that i leak if i am exercising or if i have to go and am forced to hold it too long (i have an 8 month old and i babysit a 9 month old so there isnt much me time lol)

i will continue to do the kegels, but i may not be able to control it at all if i have another baby lol!!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    oh ladies, thank you so much for your responses!

its nice to know i'm not the only fool peeing myself and then giggling a little bit!!

i do find that i leak if i am exercising or if i have to go and am forced to hold it too long (i have an 8 month old and i babysit a 9 month old so there isnt much me time lol)

i will continue to do the kegels, but i may not be able to control it at all if i have another baby lol!!

My problem started after my first baby, but the second baby did not make it any worse, thankfully. I do notice it more now since it happens during workouts, but as far as regular daily activities go it is no different than before the second baby. Bladder control pads are a lifesaver during workouts. LOL
  • KenziesMomma11
    KenziesMomma11 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    yea, im going to have to pick some up when i go out to the grocery.

you know you might be getting old when.....ROFLOL