Sugar?

Options
How much sugar is too much? My setting is at 24 for the day and i'm always over that. I'm not diabetic but i also do not eat a lot of "bad" sugars. For instance, this morning i had a glass of milk, cheese, rye toast, a kiwi and a tangerine and i'm already over the limit of 24??? This seems a little ridiculous to me. Just wondering what everyone else has theirs set at.

Replies

• lauralikes
    Options
    wait, your setting is 24g of sugar a day!??! that's like atkins. that's so bad for you, go to the settings and change it to...like 150-200g!!
  • cmhickey616
    cmhickey616 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    if all your sugar is coming from fruit and complex carbohydrates then don't worry about it...it's quality not quantity :) I eat a whole foods, plant based diet with basically no processed sugars and go over on my sugar almost every day because I eat so much fruit
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    if all your sugar is coming from fruit and complex carbohydrates then don't worry about it...it's quality not quantity :) I eat a whole foods, plant based diet with basically no processed sugars and go over on my sugar almost every day because I eat so much fruit

I agree, just try to stay away from High glycemic, processed sugars and carbs.
  • sassynurse19
    sassynurse19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, i will increase my setting. I was just looking online and I think the setting is for "added sugars" like the ones you get from processed sugars, but unfortunately it calculates all sugars the same. On one site it said that women should not have more than 6 teaspoons of "added" sugar in one day which is equivalent to 28 grams. Here's a bit of the article that I found................

"By comparison, most women should be getting no more than six teaspoons a day, or 100 calories, of added sugar — the sweeteners and syrups that are added to foods during processing, preparation or at the table. For most men, the recommended limit is nine teaspoons, or 150 calories, the heart group says.
    The guidelines do not apply to naturally occurring sugars like those found in fruit, vegetables or dairy products."

Oh well! As long as i know i'm not eating "bad" sugar that's all that matters right??