My scale said that happened to me...I kind of doubt it, though
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have - several times. Being tested now for hyperthyroidism. :/
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    It could happen , but it would probably be water , a pound a week is more normal and will be more permanent,
  • butterflykisses9
    Options
    Yes I have...When I train for volleyball I work out 4 hours a day and eat 4 small meals a day...I do not count calories but lose between 8-10 pounds a week for a few solid weeks....However, it is not recommended to lose more than 2-4 pounds a week....If you want to keep the weight off aim for about 2 pounds a week :]
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    All the time. It's called poop
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I've lost 2lbs in a day but it doesn't happen often and by the end of the week I'd only lost a pound.

Moral of the story is your weight fluctuates daily, only weigh yourself once a week.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, but just with water weight, fluctuations, no way on actual fat loss.

I think you'd have to be in a pretty specific situation to lose that much fat that fast, and in any kind of sustainable way.
  • Camillia13914
    Options
    Yes but it could be water weight and muscle (if you are not doing strength training).
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    you can do temporary cleanses (i.e. for five days) that might accomplish this, but at the end of the five days the five pounds you lose is really only stored up waste and water weight, and maybe a pound or so of actual fat. a pound a day is not really sustainable over time if you are losing weight in a healthy way. perhaps people with hundreds of pounds to lose may see results like this at first if they are on a nutrition and exercise plan, but it will always eventually slow down to 1-2 pounds a week.
  • NopeSorryPrivate
    Options
    I've lost weight like that before and it is ALWAYS water based when you're going about weight loss in a completely natural way. The only time it wasn't for me was when I was on a weight loss medicine from my Endocrinologist as I have extreme difficulty losing weight no matter what I try (and it did work great - I wish I could take it again but they recently removed it from the market) and that seriously had me loosing weight very quickly. So it's possible, but all in all - something you want to avoid. LOL, look at us women - I mean when that pesky relative is in town... my weight can go up or down up to 5lbs depending on how cranky an old bat she is, LOL. Water weight is so not a girl's best friend.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Yes I have. It's not so weird. Weight loss is not linear. Sometimes I'm at roughly the same weight for 5 days and bam on the 6th day I'm down one or two lbs. Of course I don't lose a pound EVERY day. But when I do lose, it follows the pattern I mentioned. This week I woke up at 138.6 almost every single day (one morning it was 141) and this morning - 137.2. It's pretty normal.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Yes I have. It's not so weird. Weight loss is not linear. Sometimes I'm at roughly the same weight for 5 days and bam on the 6th day I'm down one or two lbs. Of course I don't lose a pound EVERY day. But when I do lose, it follows the pattern I mentioned. This week I woke up at 138.6 almost every single day (one morning it was 141) and this morning - 137.2. It's pretty normal.

This happens to me too. Sometimes I won't lose anything for a week or two and then all of a sudden I lose a pound each day three days in a row. I've tended to lose in spurts like that. It averages out though.