OCD anyone?

Options
I suffer from OCD (intrusive thoughts) and social anxiety dissorder. It's hard sometimes. I tend to struggle in cycles. I do really great for a while, then I revert back to old habbits. I just wanted you to know that if your out there your not alone. Be blessed and know there are those of us here who understand and support you. Godbless and may you be filled with unanticipated peace.:smile: If you are stuggling and need support please ask somebody.

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I have OCD and am working through depression, anxiety and schizophrenia at the moment...
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Your potential is showing.:smile: I love the beautiful mess we are. There is such beauty in the courage to speak.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I have OCD (intrusive thought and obsessive tendencies) and severe anxiety disorder. I also have ADD. All three I've been diagnosed with and none of them I am on medication for.
    Are you on medication?

It affects me greatly, mostly the anxiety. Sometimes I have a phase where I do great but then just as you said, end up falling into old habits.

Please add me as a friend if you want. Sometimes I have felt that I am alone in this battle. Now I see I am not the only one. Thank you for this post! :D
  • ritzy04
    Options
    I suffer from OCD, its hard for people who don't have OCD to grasp how debilitating OCD is! When I tell people they say oh I do that too and I'm fine, thats not OCD...Drives me Crazy!!!! I have been having a really hard time lately myself, its nice to know there are others on MFP. Thanks for your kind words!
  • fit4mom
    Options
    You make me want to cry. Who knew that having a curse could be a blessing. I am so thankful to be someone you can relate to. So many of us (including myself) feel alone in this. Don't forget you are great. Bible study has kept my head on straight as much as I have suffered. To know the grace God has for me, gets me through. I don't have a choice to have this but I do have a choice how I react. We are so much more capable than we give ourselves credit for. I don't have medical and have breastfed so it's hard for me to be on medication. Thank you for sharing.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I am not religious (I am a agnostic) so I can't look to that for guidance. But thank you for your kind words. :)
  • fit4mom
    Options
    http://www.ocdtribe.com/ This is a link I found that had a helpful article post pardom OCD. It had som great tools. Feel free to check it out.
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I suffer from OCD, its hard for people who don't have OCD to grasp how debilitating OCD is! When I tell people they say oh I do that too and I'm fine, thats not OCD...Drives me Crazy!!!!

I can imagine that would be the most annoying thing in the world! I saw a comedian recently who was talking about 'self diagnosed "a little bit of OCD"'. He said something along the lines of 'you are not in fact OCD which is a very serious condition, you are just &*@%ing high maintenance'!

I wish you guys all the best :)
  • fit4mom
    Options
    I got inspired to start a group: OCD support. Join if you want. Let others know. I know that more of us are out there and need to know were here for each other, that there is hope.