Can I swim with my HRM?

Options
MacMadame
MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
I have Reebok Precision XT. The instructions say it's 'water resistant' to 30m. I'm just going to swim in a pool and in open water on the surface, not go down to 30 m. But "water resistant" makes me nervous.

Anyone swim with the HRM and can tell me if it survived?

Replies

• MacMadame
    Options
    I have Reebok Precision XT. The instructions say it's 'water resistant' to 30m. I'm just going to swim in a pool and in open water on the surface, not go down to 30 m. But "water resistant" makes me nervous.

Anyone swim with the HRM and can tell me if it survived?
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Ooo,,I just asked and answered this question last week. I have a Timex HRM, says water resistant to 30 M on it also. I went swimming a few days last week, no problems. I was told by someone else that you shouldn't push buttons while in the water, but I did and the thing is still going strong. Hope that helps!
  • MacMadame
    Options
    Thanks!
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Anyone do that with a Polar F6? I'm also leery of swimming with it right now, till I hear from others.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Anyone do that with a Polar F6? I'm also leery of swimming with it right now, till I hear from others.

I swim with my F6. It's fine. The polars are the ones that they say not to push the buttons on while under water. I don't have any idea about whether the Timex ones have that same issue.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. I'll give it a try next time I do the pool. :-)
  • MacMadame
    Options
    Update: I swam today and everything was fine.

I'm going to wear my HRM when I do my first triathlon on Sunday. I don't really need it for the swim or bike, but it helps on the run.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Wow I didnt know you could swim with it! That make me a lil nervous lol
  • lacieinthesky
    lacieinthesky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Am I safe to assume that my Polar F4 would also be okay then?