Your first 'love'

Options
kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
Hi

Who was your first love...how long did u date/how old were you?
Did u reach out for them....do they reach out for you recently?
Have u seen them since your break-up?

DETAILS....

Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Who was your first love...how long did u date/how old were you?
    Did u reach out for them....do they reach out for you recently?
    Have u seen them since your break-up?

DETAILS....

Kim
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    <sigh> My first love...I just saw the movie Twilight, and it was very much like that...only he wasn't an actual vampire (but close enough.)

We haven't had contact of any type in over 25 years, and it's for the best. But my heart always longs for that unconditional love. It was a once-in-a-lifetime sort of thing.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    My first love is my husband. :smile: We grew up together. We lived across the street from one another. We dated in high school. We've been married since 1992. I have been with him since I was 15. I'll be 36 the 19th of this month. Cindy :heart:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    In 26 years I've never been in love. :frown:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    <sigh> My first love...I just saw the movie Twilight, and it was very much like that...only he wasn't an actual vampire (but close enough.)

We haven't had contact of any type in over 25 years, and it's for the best. But my heart always longs for that unconditional love. It was a once-in-a-lifetime sort of thing.

): The whole romance in Twilight seemed really scary. Gosh Edward gives me the creeps, being a vampire is the only thing saving him from a restraining order! Haha.
  • zoey1912
    zoey1912 Posts: 18
    Options
    I can related..25 never been in love or dated..I think it's really overrated and temporary.
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My First love is my husband too. We met - believe it or not - on MySpace. We lived 5 mins away from each other our whole lives and met on myspace! Crazy. We've been married 4 1/2 years and now have a house and two puppies. :happy:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    once.

Best friend... we both went through a lot together... were inseparable for four years... until I introduced him to one of my girlfriends from out of state... that was three years ago.

They're married.
    That was last July.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

): The whole romance in Twilight seemed really scary. Gosh Edward gives me the creeps, being a vampire is the only thing saving him from a restraining order! Haha.

LOL! that cracked me up nicky!

i didnt fall in love until i was 26. thought i was incapable of the feeling in a romantic way. out of the blue someone came into my life who i couldnt imagine my life with out. things were great and he had a daughter who i loved as well. :heart:
    then came 2004 and he shattered my heart...:brokenheart: not only did he and i break up but his daughter was now out of the picture too. it was a hard road.
    we work together. i am completely over him but it took about 2 years for me to get there. happened the week of my 30th b-day when he didnt want to be involved with any of the parties yet everyone else in my life that i loved was amazing that week. i realized he was not the one for me and *poof* no more feelings, just indifference.:indifferent:
    a year ago last month he lost his left leg in a motorcycle accident. that threw me for a loop-d-loop. old feelings resurfaced - not the lovey dovey but the 'omg you almost died and now you are here' feelings - very hard to explain. i wanted to be his friend and help where i could. but, alas, he went back to his a-hole ways and i was once again out! that was about octoberish.
    still have a relationship with him that is different than any other i have ever had, but not even close to the same as it was when i was in love with him.
    of course, this is the cliff note version. soooo many more details could be told. but since its not exactlly a happy story ill just spare everyone! :smokin:

all in all, i wouldnt be who i am with out having gone thru what i have been thru - this relationship included. i am not afraid of being alone and know that love is out there and i AM capable. :wink:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    all in all, i wouldnt be who i am with out having gone thru what i have been thru - this relationship included. i am not afraid of being alone and know that love is out there and i AM capable.

Thanks. :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Jonathon Taylor Thomas...I thought for sure we would spend forever together. :sad:
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My first love would be Ty. We were together in Junior High and the beginning of High School. I was upset that my parents wouldn't let me get married right at that moment. Then some things went wrong and I realized I was too young and we moved away. It was very sad, my parents thought I was suicidal and it was just very bad. But like everything else time went by and life moved on. We saw each other in spurts over the years. He got married had kids, I got married had a daughter. Those relationships didn't work out. There was always something missing. He is military as well and was heading to Iraq about 18 months ago. He heard that I was sad and promised my mom that he would make me smile if it was the last thing he did before he left. Well, he showed up at my work, we went to lunch, he washed my car. The next day we went to a mivie and had dinner. It was the first time I had smiled in months. It was nice. He then left to New Jersey before going to Iraq. He had a weekend pass so he called to tell me that I will be getting a plane ticket on my email to see him in New York. I thought he was CRAZY! Then the ticked showed up. WOW. While in New York, I fell so much more in love with him than I ever thought possible. On a horse drawn carriage ride around Time Square, he told me that I have been his one and only love and that he would like to have a future with me. Again I thought he was crazy. But I said we could try and see what comes of it. Well, we ended up getting married 8-8-08 and we are happier than we have ever been. He is definately the better half of me and I make him strive to be the best he can be. It is a true fairy tale that will be never ending. True love really does come full circle if it is meant to be...I believe that now because I am living it :heart:
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Jonathon Taylore Thomas...I thought for sure we would spend forever together. :sad:
    Wasn't he the hottie on Home Improvement??!! Oh ya....
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Joey MacIntyre

I keep writing to him but I haven't heard back yet. I just know he is too busy with the new world tour to respond yet. But one day we will be together I am sure:heart:
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My first love was also my hubby. :heart: We met in high school when we were 17 and have been together ever since. We married in 1998 and have 2 beautiful little girls. :smooched:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    ok. this thread is going to make me cry for sure. both happy and sad tears! :cry: :laugh: :cry: :laugh:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My first love was my son's father. I was 17 when I had my son and he was 18. We never married and he was still so young and into the who party scene. I had to grow up fast because I was responsible for this little baby. So while I grew up, he continued to party. We would see each other once in a while. Then when my son was about 2 his father had a horrible motorcycle accident. The girl on the bike with him died (his best friends wife) and he was severly brain damaged. (You wouldn't know it to look at him, he is still gorgeous!). Any way. His father took him to Kentucky to take care of him. He lost most of his memory but the first thing he said when he came out of the coma was asking for me and our son.
    I am still best friends with his sister and still talk to him occaisionally. Our son is now 25 and he grew up w/out him around but they still talk on the phone. My wonderful husband even let him live with us for a few months so that he could develop a relationship with his son!!! He will always have a place in my heart and I know he feels the same for me. We just weren't meant to be together. He got a lot of his memory back and is almost normal except for his speech, he can't form sentences and he has seizures. But he is still a sweetheart.
  • heather0mc
    Options
    all in all, i wouldnt be who i am with out having gone thru what i have been thru - this relationship included. i am not afraid of being alone and know that love is out there and i AM capable.

Thanks. :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    once.

Best friend... we both went through a lot together... were inseparable for four years... until I introduced him to one of my girlfriends from out of state... that was three years ago.

They're married.
    That was last July.

oh sweetie- this makes me feel sad. FOR THEM! Rotten no-good #$%^&'s. if they would do this, they deserve each other. thank goodness you are free of both of them-
  • heather0mc
    Options
    once.

They're married.
    That was last July.

oh sweetie- this makes me feel sad. FOR THEM! Rotten no-good #$%^&'s. if they would do this, they deserve each other. thank goodness you are free of both of them-

here-here! :drinker: