new and need a little help about exercise calories burn....

Options
I thought someone wrote I can enter the calories burned for strength training since it does not do it automatically. I get the cardio to post those but is there a way to enter what i do for strength WITH CALORIES BURN? Not sure how many but would like "credit" for the 30 min I burn up on machines and free wts. My HRM is high during those. THANKS

Replies

• Wangenstein
    Options
    If I understand your question correctly, you can do it under Cardio. Just look for "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)" and enter the amount of time spent. It'll do the rest.
  • em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Or if you use a hrm like I do,I simply find the correct exercise 'strength training' etc,enter my own time,then I enter my hrm correct calories burned.I find the calories can be a little off some-days so I wear my monitor every time I do a workout and enter the numbers accordingly.
  • teejamajay
    teejamajay Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for both - I do wear an HRM but never watch the calories - just the HR....and thanks for telling me about the strength-training portion on this site.....doing both!