Shoe Size???

Options
Has anyone else shoe size gone down?? I went to buy new shoes yesterday for a wedding coming up and discovered that I have went from an 8 to a 6 1/2 or 7 :noway: and my feet were not "fat", at least I didn't think they were :laugh:

Replies

• acjmomma
    acjmomma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else shoe size gone down?? I went to buy new shoes yesterday for a wedding coming up and discovered that I have went from an 8 to a 6 1/2 or 7 :noway: and my feet were not "fat", at least I didn't think they were :laugh:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Yes, my feet are gradually getting smaller..thank god! I went from an 8.5 to an 11.5 or 12 during both pregnancies and I am finally back down to a 10.5, but I buy an 11 for running room :wink:
  • imabhealthy
    imabhealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Mine went up as I gained weight, but I thought maybe my foot was growing. Ya right! I don't mind buying all new shoes, as I will have a new wardrobe if I meet my goal weight.
  • scottc
    scottc Posts: 72
    Options
    This happened to me too!:bigsmile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    my shoes seem looser, my theory is this: although there wasn't fat built up on my feet, there was extra pressure from the fat I had built up on everything else. all that pressure pushed my feet into a bigger shape. whatdoyathink?
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 9.5 to a 9. When I was skinny I was an 8.5 or 9.
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I haven't even noticed if my feet changed. I don't think so... I've been in a size 11 since I was in High School. 130 lbs to 180 lbs. Very interesting though.

Crys
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    my shoes seem looser, my theory is this: although there wasn't fat built up on my feet, there was extra pressure from the fat I had built up on everything else. all that pressure pushed my feet into a bigger shape. whatdoyathink?

Sounds good to me...now if I could just apply that logic to my hips and butt all would be well:laugh:
  • bj2007
    bj2007 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yep - the shoe size can change gradually.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    yep-- haven't measured it, but my shoes all fit a lot better.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: i have never hears this i have heard as we get older our ears and nose gets bigger,, havent heard about the feet thing???
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options

That's exactly what it is. The extra weight you used to carry pushed the bones and tissue flatter. Once you lose the weight, the pressure is reduced and your feet go back to their natural shape. With pregnancy, it's often water and swelling that makes our feet bigger.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

That's exactly what it is. The extra weight you used to carry pushed the bones and tissue flatter. Once you lose the weight, the pressure is reduced and your feet go back to their natural shape. With pregnancy, it's often water and swelling that makes our feet bigger.

Yeah, that sounds about right-- my feet just don't hurt in my shoes-- there's 30 pounds less of me fillin' 'em, so-- go figure-- I can even wear my black boots pain free-- I had given 'em to my daughter 'cause they hurt so bad, and swapped 'em back just recently. :wink:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I agree:drinker: