Hello, back at it again

Options
:explode:

Well, I am looking for support, again, with no judgement!!
I started Atkins May 19 2007 238 lbs
In October I was 200 lbs
February, I am back to 210
I am miserable
I have fallen and I can't get up.:sad:
Back at it again with a new attitude.
Lots of hurdles in my life now but I can't let that stop me....

Just need some hugs:bigsmile:

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    :explode:

Well, I am looking for support, again, with no judgement!!
    I started Atkins May 19 2007 238 lbs
    In October I was 200 lbs
    February, I am back to 210
    I am miserable
    I have fallen and I can't get up.:sad:
    Back at it again with a new attitude.
    Lots of hurdles in my life now but I can't let that stop me....

Just need some hugs:bigsmile:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Here.....let me help you up.. You can do it!!!! Welcome. I think that you will find the tools that you need to succeed here. We're glad you're here and we're happy to help. Let us know what we can do!:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Just eat healthy foods that are good for your body, watch the portions, journal the food and exercise! Oh and drink LOTS of water!!!! Good luck!!!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Lots of hugs to you:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: This site won't only get you back up on your feet, but will have you jumping for joy.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You are already starting AHEAD of the game! You've kept off 28 lbs! That is amazing! :glasses:

So you fell off the wagon, it hasn't run you over yet, so good for you for getting back on! (I've been run over many times in my dieting life).

Fresh start; work toward that new goal; you can do it!
    :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    HUGS! Good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • elliott062907
    Options
    Thank you all for the welcome. I tt a good friend tonight that is a bit bigger then I am and we are starting the journey together Sunday!!!

:drinker:

As for water, I drink so much, I could probably pee my own lake :embarassed: :embarassed:

Is there anyone here from Tennessee? I haven't had a chance to dig around yet.....
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome Elliot we are very glad to have you. We will all be here for you. Best of luck in this journey!!
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, I live in jersey. There really isn't much judging done on this site, mostly support. Unless you tell everyone to live off 500 calories a day :frown: then you may run into only judges lol.. Good Luck on trying again there is many people here of all different diet needs and I am sure you will find it helpful. This is the longest I have ever stuck to a diet, so all my best wishes to you
  • DebbsHereNow
    DebbsHereNow Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I know the feeling. 4 years ago I lost 85 pounds on the south beach diet. Then I gained almost 50 of it back, so, now I am back with a vengence! Good Luck to you!
  • elliott062907
    Options
    I know what you mean. A friend and I were on a forum from May to Jan. It started out great and then it went from judging to I am better then you conversations. And I adv we need each others support not break downs..... So I left and no one has tried to contact me or tt me since....

But this is a change for the better....

I can do this and now that a few friends have joined in with me, it is even better support wise....
  • eastland01
    eastland01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there..
    I think we all just have to remember to stay positive. I used to be in great shape and have recently tried to get back to working out and taking care of myself again.

Having support really makes a difference. Stick with it!!
    as for dieting..i think just eating a balanced diet with all the food groups has made a huge difference for me..

but its hard to say no to things like..chocolate..fast food..wine etc.
  • elliott062907
    Options
    I never really had a problem with chocolate or fast food and I'm not really a drinker, but I think it was, unhappy past marrage, job and the divorce. But I am so happy now and I have to get back to it!!!!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you! You can do this....we're all here to help!
  • elliott062907
    Options
    Well, if at first you don't succeed, try try again??? What a load of crap. What makes me fail, what makes me fall a part???

Ove it now. Stopped posting about 3 weeks ago.
    Getting back to it.

I took a hard hit with family about 3 weeks ago and I just can't seem to get my head on straight.

I am still stuck at 210 and I am so miserable.

I have let family interfere in my life and I have consummed their problems....

It's time to walk away.

For those that know, I have been dealing with family land that was given to me and I have let it fall to the waist side nad now, it may come to a close. I found a buyer. Now to just get it cleaned out...

I have a family member in jail with faulse charges because half the charges were dropped nad I am stuck with that, so I think anyway, but in the long run, I cannot control it.

So again, I must let it go. It's time for others to step up to the plate for a while and give me some peace.

It's time to get the ball rolling.......

so I say, "NO MORE"!!!!!!

No more being a door mat for others.

I am back on track for me again.

I just booked my vacation for October. A week at the beach with my hubby and son.

I will be a size 12. then I will set a new goal.

I really need lots of support!!!!!!!!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, elliott. If you're having too much trouble with Atkins, try adjusting your carbs to 60 a day, and put back some whole grain foods you've been deprived of. You will still lose weight. I've been on and off Atkins for a long time now, and this is really working better.
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    Options
    HUGZ AND HANG IN THERE!:flowerforyou:
  • elliott062907
    Options
    As for Atkins, I haven't been doing anything. But stressin'. gotta get back on the wagon!!!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to the wagon.

One thing that helps me is checking in daily with a group of people on a thread. There's all kinds of people with all kinds of goals on here, and I really look forward to my daily checkin (I'm currently with the girls in the "Victorious Victoria Day" thread under the Fitness board).

I find myself to be more accountable when I know I need to 'fess up, and more proud when I have a good day to talk about.

Anyway, good luck, stay positive, and take the help when you need it!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Here.....let me help you up.. You can do it!!!! Welcome. I think that you will find the tools that you need to succeed here. We're glad you're here and we're happy to help. Let us know what we can do!:flowerforyou:

Well said! From me too! We're glad you are here!:flowerforyou: