do i log a gain?

Options
First time since I started this journey in April that I have gained..
but I have not eaten an extra 3500 cals so thinking it is just water weight.

Should I log it or not?

Replies

• wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I log what the scale says on my weigh-in day, regardless.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I would personally. Good records to keep for your graph :]
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I would It will give you a bigger loss next week
  • luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ya it just takes it back out of your weight lost. I would log it, because that is what you are.
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    i'd say log it, that way if it happens again, you can try to find a pattern regarding what you ate on those given weeks or how much/little exercise you did, if it was near "tom", etc. If nothing else, it'll help you learn your body's too's and fro's :)
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i do, because it helps me stay accountable and also realize that i can and do get back on track after a bad week (or two.... or three...)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i dont log gains on the site here, but i do keep a record of it for myself. i weigh my self every morning and write it down, only log here on sundays if its a loss
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    YES, why wouldn't you? If it's just water weight then it will prove that it's just water weight by coming back off in a few days. Then you can enter a loss again at that time. I never understood why people don't log gains but log every loss. You know that your loss might not actually be anything but water too sometimes don't you?
  • mmlkb4
    mmlkb4 Posts: 11
    Options
    Yep, a gain is a gain!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I always log results - whether up or down. Keeps me honest, and helps me to learn what is happening with my body. Not logging gains is like a baseball team not counting losses....
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    if it's like .2 pounds or something, I don't.... unless I get that same weight 2 weeks in a row.
  • dnsrmr
    dnsrmr Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I only log my weight on here once a month whether I gain or lose. I C no need 2 log ups & downs each day. I've been going by how my clothes fit & how i look in the mirror lately. Those 2 combined R more accurate than a scale :o)
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    I would personally. Good records to keep for your graph :]

I second this.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options

Should I log it or not?

How often do you weigh yourself?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Nope I don't.

Most of the time it is water weight like you say and that stuff is so crazy that I'd be logging every day if I counted water weight.

I bet that if you weigh tomorrow it will be gone.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

Should I log it or not?

How often do you weigh yourself?

once a week
  • nicolealison
    nicolealison Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I always log the gain so that I can see my progress whether it is up or down. My chart looks like a heart rate! Up then down and then up and then down.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I only record my weight when it goes down. I know it will go back down because I am very diligent in my diet and exercise. I have never went up for more than a couple of days. I contribute it to a heavier meal, or water weight and move on.
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    log it. so you can see what you've lost when your next weigh-in day comes.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I also should add that I weigh daily and that may make a difference for you.