FAST FOOOOD???

Options
Ok so i know fast food is not a great choice but on the weekends my hubby says my treat is that i dont have to cook and we are go go go go saturday and sunday...so we eat out alot those days. Does anyone no what the best thing to eat at these places are and maybe the best choice to eat at without falling off the wagon?

Replies

• EcHoOoOoO
    EcHoOoOoO Posts: 89
    Options
    Ok so i know fast food is not a great choice but on the weekends my hubby says my treat is that i dont have to cook and we are go go go go saturday and sunday...so we eat out alot those days. Does anyone no what the best thing to eat at these places are and maybe the best choice to eat at without falling off the wagon?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken no skin

grilled streak watch the added oil or butter

steamed or girlled veggies

its not fast food but if you are going out..take your time
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Depends where you go. The burger places all have salads and chicken breasts-lots of sodium, but better than burgers. I think Wendy's has the best 'real' beef burger-diet wise.

As for no sauce (mayo and those 'special' sauces are KA-Ching on the calories)

I eat a side salad, chili, baked potato.

If it is sit down food go for baked or grilled chicken or fish. Dont be afraid to ask the waitress what is in the food you are ordering.

Good luck!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    What are some of the places that you go to? Most FF have nutritional info on their web sites so you can do a little research before going and at least you will have an idea of whats available and sounds good to you ahead of time.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    One Recommendation necessary: Read the book "EAT THIS, NOT THAT" it includes most popular fast food restaurants and tells you what the best choices are... it will SURPRISE YOU! For instance, McDonalds: a 4pc chicken nugget has LESS calories than a grilled chicken sandwich. All pizza is the same right? Some pizzas from different restaurants (dominos, papa johns, pizza hut) have MORE calories! Read it, its like my bible!
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    I always go for grilled chicken at burger joints and an iced tea. At buffet places, I get grilled chicken or fish, a baked potato, and salad...I always stick to veggies for side dishes and fruit for dessert! And I use iced tea or water as a beverage.:drinker:
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    IMO avoid taco salads and burgers, salad or grilled chicken is usually safe minus cheese or excessive sauce. One of my favs is Chick-Fil-A's grilled chicken sandwich with a side of fruit :)
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    One Recommendation necessary: Read the book "EAT THIS, NOT THAT" it includes most popular fast food restaurants and tells you what the best choices are... it will SURPRISE YOU! For instance, McDonalds: a 4pc chicken nugget has LESS calories than a grilled chicken sandwich. All pizza is the same right? Some pizzas from different restaurants (dominos, papa johns, pizza hut) have MORE calories! Read it, its like my bible!

I have that book and it was VERY surprising and helpful. My daughter bought it for me. :love:
  • ggooding12
    Options
    Subway
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    the last two days i had to do the fast food thing. i went to mc'donalds and got a premium grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato no mayo on a honey wheat bun. 380 cals but a big sandwich and lots of flavor even without the sauce. I also took special k crackers with me as my side so i wouldn' get fries!
  • OMISALJ
    OMISALJ Posts: 69
    Options
    if you're gonna have a burger, just eat half, and take the rest home.
    don't deny yourself, that will only make u binge at night
    what i do before every meal is drink a full glass of water, that way ill get fuller faster when i start eating.