random question

Options
someone told me there was a websight that calculated this and i was just wondering if anyone knew what im asking or knew the websight that knew. If someone who had a bmi of 18.5, was to only eat 300 calories a day, how long would they live? i know that any number would be a high guestimation becasue you dont know about metabolism and so forth but how long abouts before you died. 2ndly, if someone was a female, 5 foot 8.5 inches (my height) at what weight ranges would they starve to death? i know its random but i was just thinking.

Replies

• vintx
    vintx Posts: 34
    Options
    you would be in heart failure and other organ failures FAST! that is not healthy at all.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Between 4 and 25 weeks. It depends on the climate, the persons state of mind, the amount of nutrients in the food the consume (veggies vs twinkies) and how much water they are taking in.

Edit: The person's general health and family history are significant factors in how long they would last. Also if the person has a history of anorexia they will last a lot longer because their body recognizes the signs of starvation and is accustomed to slowing the metabolism significantly.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I guess my random question is...why do you want to know? Are you only eating 300 calories a day?
  • lucylue21
    Options
    I guess my random question is...why do you want to know? Are you only eating 300 calories a day?

i eat more then that. i was just thinking today aobut how long it would take before you died from it.