Replies

• GRTFULDD1
    GRTFULDD1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    marinade with olive oil and rice wine vinegar then grill
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone... so many of your recipes sound pretty amazing! I might have to buy a whole bunch of it and try all the suggestions :wink:
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I like to steam mine and dip it into hollandaise sauce. Or I'll spray some olive oil on it, bake it with sliced almonds salt and pepper over the top.
  • tymee
    tymee Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I steam fresh asapagus and then add it to fettucinni alfredo, so yum! Or cook on grill, or roast in oven
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    get fresh asparagus. cut off the ends.

pull out a sheet of tin foil. put some EVOO down. lay the asparagus on top of it. add generous amounts of dill, mrs. dash's original recipe and, if you like, minced garlic and/or sesame seeds. close the tin foil and place on grill. absolutely YUMILIOUS. if you cook it long enough, it will melt in your mouth. sometimes I add mushrooms or bean sprouts in the package before putting it on the grill. but, that's a personal preference.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I love fresh steamed asparagus with Mock Hollandaise Sauce
  • maria1993
    Options
    I just take a plate and put a thin layer of water on it, put the trimmed asparagus on the plate and sprinkle with salt..
    Then nuke it for 3 minutes in an 800 watt microwave.. It is a quick 4 minute fix that can be a great lunch in a hurry
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Boil the asparagus (ends trimmed off) for about 2 minutes and immediately dump then in an ice water bath (this is called blanching). Then spread some fat free cream cheese on proscuitto (or bacon or any other cured pork product) and wrap it around the stalk. Put them on a cookie sheet, spray a light mist of olive oil, and bake at 450 for about 15 min. Delicious!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You have to eat it fresh, and my favorite is on the BBQ.

Brush with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill until tendercrisp, approx 2 mins on each side. (Don't skip the olive oil because it keeps them juicy and crisp)

^^^^This is THE PERFECT way to eat asparagus!!!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    one year at Christmas we forgot about it, and had no room in the oven. I already had it marinated (ollive oil, roasted garlic) so I threw it on the forman grill. It was perfect. When I bake it, I usually throw the parmesean on with about 2 minutes left.

I also steam it and put a little butter on it..... so good just like that.

I once had a asparagus and bacon vinegrette salad, it was delicious, but I have no idea how they made it, but it was good!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I make it many of the ways that have already been mentioned... but I also like to add it to quiche. I usually put turkey sausage, asparagus, onion, spinach, red pepper, mushrooms and cheese in my quiche... or I use ham pieces... or bacon, but I really do like meat in my quiche.
  • mblanke2000
    mblanke2000 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jackiejax1981
    jackiejax1981 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Fresh asparagus! snap the ends off where it breaks naturally, then steam or broil with olive oil and lemon pepper, or plain with hollandaise sauce. YUMMM-OOO!!!
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    GRILLED!!! I marinate them in a little olive oil and a citrus basil seasoning. Delicious!

Alternatively, we simply snap off the tough ends (hold the spear in the middle and at the cut end. Bend and it will snap at the beginning of the tough part) and steam in just a little water in a skillet for about 4 minutes until fork tender. Just add a little butter/margarine and salt and pepper and we gobble them up. You can also add a splash of lemon juice, but we prefer them plain with just a bit of margarine.
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I put it in a non-stick frying pan with some egg whites on top. Nicest snack!
  • mailoveschayzen
    Options
    I like my sautéed in evoo, with some garlic. Not too long though you want a crunch to it!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Roasted with ½ tsp of olive oil, garlic power and black pepper in the stove at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, at least 10 ounces for 2 people, about 8+ stalks each.

Side gross note about asparagus, it makes urine smell absolutely REVOLTING!! So much so that this has become quite the deterrent since drinking 10-12 glasses of water a day means you get to experience this about 10x before it is out of your system (1 day)