I need help getting out of a Premier Fitness Contract!!!!!

Options
OKAY!! My boyfriend signed us up for a membership to Premier Fitness, because we won a 30 DAY MEMBERSHIP FROM A DRAWING!! Well the guy had my BF sign a contract even though we had the first 30 days free. Now we want out of it, because we came to find that Premier Fitness are a bunch of liars and scammers. Is there anyone with experience in getting out of this contract, or anyone with any ideas????? There WAS a 3 day deadline to get out of it, but ive read that they ignore their phones after the 3 days after you sign the contract, so that wouldnt have done anything anyways. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Replies

• cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Talk to the attorney general of your state.

If you signed the contract in their place of business you may not be entitled to a 3 day cooling off period.

I know for home improvement contracts and others that are signed/executed in your home, Federal Law (Uniform Commercial Code) states you have 3 business days in which to back out of your contract. A phone call is NOT necessary, but proof that you sent notice of cancellation is (certified mail, etc.) and it has to be postmarked by midnight of the third business day.
  • mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Are the 3 days up? Send a certified letter. Return receipt requested.
  • Kaadogg
    Options
    Most health clubs contracts do have a clause for cancellation due to medical reasons.