Hello I am new.

Options
Hello so my name is Robert and I am new to the site thanks to my friend sally. Having struggled with my weight since I was a child something had to change. I gave up smoking after 5 years cold turkey on sept 25 of this year. Feeling great about that i have started to go back to the gym to get ahold of my weight issue. I have dieted most my life and they have always failed me. So I am taking a new approach being active, making better food choices and having self control. I think this site will be a great tool for managing my what I eat and the amount of exercise I do weekly.

Replies

• ckoudsi617
    Options
    Hello so my name is Robert and I am new to the site thanks to my friend sally. Having struggled with my weight since I was a child something had to change. I gave up smoking after 5 years cold turkey on sept 25 of this year. Feeling great about that i have started to go back to the gym to get ahold of my weight issue. I have dieted most my life and they have always failed me. So I am taking a new approach being active, making better food choices and having self control. I think this site will be a great tool for managing my what I eat and the amount of exercise I do weekly.

WOW, Robert! Hey, If you could give up smoking cold turkey then I am most definitely SURE you can defeat your "weight issue"! Sure, it's true that while you can quit cigarettes you can't quit food, but you have already proven that you have drive and determination to spare to achieve your next goal! You've taken a very realistic approach, and I'm glad you're not going to use the "D-word" (we all know they don't work anyway)! Congratulations on successfully quitting smoking -- here's to your next victory!
  • Yvette615
    Yvette615 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well I found out about the site from my Pastor's wife n joined 4 days ago. I like this site it helps me stay accountable while tracking my food log n the amount of exercise u do daily. I also am encourage from the ppl who r dealing with the same emotions n struggles to b healthier. A little about me I am 40married years old struggle since adult age with weight. I am married to a wonderful supportive man who by the way is really thin so he can't relate. I hope that we can make changes in our lives n motivate each other.
  • jmestole
    jmestole Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Robert! #1 Strong work on letting go of the smoking! You can pick it back up again when you are 75 years old! That's what one of my coworkers says, she is just on a smoking hiatus! I have been working out with a trainer at the gym for a while now and it has opened up soooo many great things in my life! I have a gym family, I love going there and I've lost weight and become amazed at how strong I have become (not freaky circus strong, but definitely can hold a plank for 2 minutes) Let me know if you need any suggestions for workouts and consider looking at the classes offered at your gym or the bootcamps, they are totally worth the money and you should be rolling in it with all the money you are saving! Holla!
    Jaime
  • RobertG86
    Options
    Do you really plank things lol ?
  • RobertG86
    Options
    Thank you all for the warm welcome on here.
  • livindreams
    Options
    Hello! Welcome! You can do it! I think your approach is wise. If you need a friend feel free to add me!