Hit my 1st mini goal! :D YAY!

Options
I am officially at my pre-pregnancy weight AND I am at my first mini goal 6weeks early! SO excited to be able to fit in all of my old clothes! :D Still 45lbs to go to get to my goal weight, but I already feel soooo much better about myself! I am 5'5 my HW 255 (Pregnant with my son), SW with MFP & heaviest weight not pregnant 245, currently I weigh 215! :) I've always been up and down with my weight since I was 8 years old. Had it rough growing up, so I found comfort in junk food. Between 14-17 years old I weighed about 160-180lbs. With stress, I would eat more. Then sometimes I would get back down to 160lbs, it all depended on what was going on in my life at the time. I liked the way I looked then looking back at my old pictures. Personal I don’t care to be tiny, I don’t find it attractive, to each their own. That's just my opinion. I have really wide hips, so even 160lbs started looking too skinny to me, for myself. So my goal weight is 170lbs. :smile:

I stick to eating between 800-1200 calories a day, depending my day and how busy I am.

I WAS eating probably close to 5000-6000 calories, which I would really drink most of my calories. I love juice. :( lol Juice is my biggest problem, and salty snacks!

Now, I typically will drink a slim fast in the mornings, then for lunch and dinner I will eat a meal either lean cuisine, smart one, or healthy choice. Most of these are all under 400 calories! If I get hungry, for a snack, I like fruit, carrots or a fiber one bar. So just cutting out juice and watching what I eat with the help of MFP I have lost 30lbs in 8 weeks! I am beyond excited! Cant wait until the next 30lbs!!! OH! and for the occasional sweet tooth, smart one has ice cream in individual packages for only 170-190 calories! :smile: Thanks for reading! Add me if you would like! :happy:

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    yay! congrats! :flowerforyou: i relate a LOT to your last paragraph!!! i eat those, too!
  • adrianneboyd
    adrianneboyd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Rock on girl! You're doing great. Just remember that this is for you and that you're worth every pound you lose! Keep up the awesome work!
  • aprilkida
    aprilkida Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It was so exciting when I reached my pre-pregnancy weight, I was on a roll and lost another 20lbs. That was a year ago and I'm ready to lose another 10 (I just 6 of the 7 pounds I gained back over the last year!)

Keep it up. You can do it!
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    eating only 800-1200 calories is not benificial or healthy. you may be loosing weight now but eventually you will stop losing. you need alot more than that just to provide your body with the ability to perform essential functions such as breathing, pumping blood, ect. Congrats on your weight loss but you need to consider eating more. It is not healthy at all to consume so little and it is not something that can be realistically sustained for life. good luck
  • benedict91
    benedict91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I so agree about being too thin. I am just starting my journey with mfp. I have about 48 lbs to lose and I would be happy with 163 lbs (as anything less) makes me look and feel yucky.

would love to have a motivator. thanks for the motivation, I hope to hit my mini goal soon! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsvelasco
    Options
    i think that is sooo awesome and it also gives me motivation, everyday is a struggle and sometimes you feel like giving up, but reading stories like this is encouraging...also thanks for posting what you eat, it gives us ideas, BTW did you exercise, if so what kind did you do...thanks, and keep up the good work :happy:
  • sissy0604
    Options
    Currently I do not exercise, I do however have a 7 month old that keeps me moving! lol I am also in the process of moving so I'm sure that helps as well! After I settle in to my new house, I plan to walk and push my son in his stroller around my neighborhood. :)
  • sissy0604
    Options
    I understand the concerns about my calorie intake. I don't go hungry though. I also don't plan on eating this way forever either. My plan is when I stop losing or I am no longer losing as much, switching it up a bit. One week eat 1500-2000 calories then the next go back to 800-1000 calories. Kind of like tricking my body? I've read about it some. Thought I would try it and see if it really works. Once I am at 180-190lbs I plan to start eating closer to 1500-2000 calories as my normal daily intake and start really exercising! :smile: Thank you all for your input and motivation! 2012 here come a bunch of healthier and slimmer men and women thanks to MFP!! :happy:
  • Bride712
    Options
    Hey girly!

You are doing an amazing job! I have read your food diary and you are not starving yourself so don't listen to those who are bashing because you are eating 800-1200 cals. As long as you are not still feeling super hungry or drinking water instead of eating a meal, I would say you are doing fine! Keep up the good work! We are gunna look like two hott mama's at my wedding!!! hehehe
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!