MEXICANO RESTRAUNT TONIGHT :/

Options
Soooo, me and family are going out to eat mexican tonight, at my FAVORITE mexican restraunt... :/ so even though i have more then enough calories saved up im wondering if any of you have any suggestions??? :) really don't wanna go overboard!

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    enjoy it! skip the chips and salsa, and either split a meal or save some for later. :) tomorrow is a new day!
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I would be careful of the tortilla chips
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    agrees about the chips. Also, maybe ask for cheese and sour cream, or guac on the side, that way you have a better idea of how much you're eating.

Have fun! :drinker:
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    skip the chips and salsa. sip water instead. I usually get chicken fajitas and just eat the meat and vegetables without the tortillas. filling and low in calories.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I live in south Texas and therefore eat Mexican food on a regular basis :D. And I still lose weight. If they offer one, go for a chicken fajita salad. Other options: chicken fajitas in corn tortillas with whole beans (not refried) on the side, or a chicken fajita plate but take some of it home. you can get a regular plate and take some home, but be careful not to get a big plate. You can do this!
  • KRun4Sanity
    KRun4Sanity Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with getting chicken fajitas. You can also get a chicken fajita taco salad and not eat the shell.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    oh, and I usually eat a chip or two and then I put some gum in my mouth so I don't shoot for anymore ;)
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just watch the chips and salsa. I always get a taco salad without the shell or beans.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    If you don't feel like skipping the chips and salsa (this is my favorite part of the Mexican restaurant experienece....besides margaritas), count out 10 and put them on your napkin or plate. They average 10 cals per chip.

Also, I'm not sure of where you are from, but if you want a margarita, order a skinny one. They are 100 cals each and super delicious. All the Mexican restaurants know how to make them out here in Cali. :)

Can you tell I love Mexican food?!? lol

Have fun tonight!!!!!

P.S. Have as much salsa as you want. It's like 5-10 cals for 2 tablespoons.
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Eat what ever you want just watch your portions sizes. Eat half of whatever your getting and save the other half for tomorrow. And eat slow if you can that way you dont get tempted to over eat and drink lots water!

Enjoy yourself
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Going out to eat is something to enjoy, as long as you don't go out to eat every day. Eat what you like, just be mindful of what you eat. Remember, losing weight and getting in shape is a lifelong journey. You don't have to be perfect 100% of the time. If you try to always be perfect you'll drive yourself crazy and it will end in failure.
  • mailoveschayzen
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions guys :) ill definelty look into some of those.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    If today was your last day would you actually worry about your dinner and it's calories. With that being said it's OK to enjoy a night out. Just remember that none of us got FAT on a single meal. We got fat over many years of gross over indulgences and not just one. Have fun tonight and eat sensibly the rest of the week. Eat , Drink and be Merry today!