New Fave Food!

Options
BUTTERNUT SQUASH FRENCH FRIES ARE FRIGGIN AMAZING!

This morning I'm channel flipping and I come across this show on Direct TV called "Hungry Girl" - I had never seen it before, but the chick was talking about low-cal swaps. So she makes these butternut squash french fries (baked of course) and I automatically start thinking that I have been craving fries for at least a month!

I went to the grocery store, followed the recipe and OMG - SO YUMMY!

Recipe:
Butternut Squash
Pam Cooking Spray
Kosher Salt

Directions:
Cut the squash
"Pam" a baking sheet
Put squash on said baking sheet with a little kosher salt
Preheat oven to 425
Bake for 45 minutes - flipping once

Guys, no lie, I seriously ate the entire thing! But I don't feel horribly about it! I mean really - It's butternut squash (63 cals per cup!)

Replies

• runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I might have to give those a try, thanks!!

11575603.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I roast an entire batch of butternut squash so I have it on hand. In the mornings my favorite breakfast is a soft boiled egg on top of the butternut squash! Yummy.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CityOnAHill
    CityOnAHill Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I friggin' LOVE Hungry Girl. All her recipes are bomb!
  • pamtayls
    Options
    What does the bump mean?
  • Saksgirl1
    Options
    The next recipe I'm trying will be either Baked Kale Chips OR Chocolate Pumpkin Mini Muffins! I can't wait!!!
  • angeleyez77
    angeleyez77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Im gonna have to check out Hungry Girl and try the recipes :) Thanks :D
  • waterlillie1016
    waterlillie1016 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm new and this is my first reply to a post. Thanks for the post. I am going to have to try it. I hope I remember how to find it in the future. :smile:
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    what's the texture like? is it similar to yam fries? kinda mushier than potato fries? does it taste squashy?
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    bump **
  • Saksgirl1
    Options
    what's the texture like? is it similar to yam fries? kinda mushier than potato fries? does it taste squashy?

To be honest, I'm not a HUGE squash fan, so I was reluctant to try these, but I didn't even taste the squash at all! It was like a not-as-sweet-sweet-potato-fry with a french fry texture?

Hope that helps!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    bump! this is a total try!
  • velarneyraptor
    velarneyraptor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I tried these... they werent like regular fried potato chips, but they were damn tasty!!
  • a_fill
    a_fill Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RainbowPearl
    RainbowPearl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    hungry girl is awesome! she has a website and a show on one of the food channels. i recently bought her book '200 under 200'. as the title suggests, the recipes are all under 200 calories which is great for that eat small meals every few hours thing. so far everything i've tried from it is FANTASTIC! she uses laughing cow wedges, soy crumbles and shiritaki noodle substitutes a lot which i love!
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!!!!
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love hungry girl and have followed her for years. She started out with a daily e-newsletter, which you can still sign up for - just go to her website. Seriously, I have not disliked any recipe of hers that I have tried. My favorites are the swaps she makes for popular restaurant and high-fat foods.
  • Saksgirl1
    Options
    I love hungry girl and have followed her for years. She started out with a daily e-newsletter, which you can still sign up for - just go to her website. Seriously, I have not disliked any recipe of hers that I have tried. My favorites are the swaps she makes for popular restaurant and high-fat foods.

I'm so glad you say that because I'm thinking SO hard about a BigMac this week (the swap of course) with th portabella mushrooms! YUM!