Strawberries...

Options
Dedicated
Dedicated Posts: 104 Member
Is is bad that I just ate 3 cups of sliced strawberries??? I LOVE LOVE LOVE them, but am EXTREMELY picky about the ones I'll eat. They have to be perfect, and it's only during this time of year that I can find ones I'll eat!

Replies

• Dedicated
    Options
    Is is bad that I just ate 3 cups of sliced strawberries??? I LOVE LOVE LOVE them, but am EXTREMELY picky about the ones I'll eat. They have to be perfect, and it's only during this time of year that I can find ones I'll eat!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's bad. That might be your fruit for the day though :) Strawberries are very good for you, I had a cup today myself. They're really good mixed up with seedless grapes as well.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i LOVE strawberries!!!

I want some now, too bad i'm still in my jammies since me and the little guy are both sick, going to have to get some next time i'm out when i'm better
  • charleybobo
    charleybobo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    uum i love strawberries and they are good for you so enjoy them without worrying:wink:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    3 cups? i eat a pound+ at once! :tongue: (as i clean the 4lb container and put them in a pretty bowl for my family):tongue:
    not high in cals. :happy: too much natural sugar though, i guess.:sick:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    In Costa Rica, I bought a Kilo for a buck and ate all but a cup of them by myself, fresh from the farm.
  • johnsoag
    johnsoag Posts: 59
    Options
    from what I have read about strawberries they are considered "negative calories" because when you eat them they do have some calories, however your body has to burn more calories than they have just to digest them. Yay for Strawberries! :smile:
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    3 cups? i eat a pound+ at once! :tongue: (as i clean the 4lb container and put them in a pretty bowl for my family):tongue:
    not high in cals. :happy: too much natural sugar though, i guess.:sick:
    I'm confused as to how anyone stays at goals on sugar. I am budgeted 37, and have already taken in 25 from just a banana and an apple.:huh:
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Stawberries are the only fruit with the seeds on the outside! :) love them!
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options

I :love: Strawberries, especially this time of year. They are so good right now, hardly any bad ones in a bunch. I would eat them all day if I could. Don't worry about eating too many, you could have had something worse.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I think on the "bad" scale this is pretty angelic. They are very nutritiously dense, and at about 50 calories a cup, you've had a whopping 150 calories (about the same as a piece of dry toast).

Keep trying to shock us though, you'll get it right eventually.
  • oregonlady
    Options
    hmmmmmmm
    :sick: i think i've been logging them wrong.:sick:
    i read that 100grams of strawberries=32 cals
    so i've only been logging 150 cals for a lb of strawberries!:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
    :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
    oh well, i have done worse things.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    well I ate a pint myself. I figure compared to the chocolate easter bunny I was eyeballing, that was nuttin!

:flowerforyou:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    how many cals r in an entire lb of strawberries?
  • Dedicated
    Options
    how many cals r in an entire lb of strawberries?

Approx. 145 calories
  • oregonlady
    Options
    I think on the "bad" scale this is pretty angelic. They are very nutritiously dense, and at about 50 calories a cup, you've had a whopping 150 calories (about the same as a piece of dry toast).

but she said 3 cups was 150!
    ekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    my lbs is a lot more than 3 cups!:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

sometimes, i hate this calories stuff.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    One pound of strawberries is 457 g. If you look up "strawberries raw" it says that 1 pound has 146 calories. I know because I had a whole 1-pound container of them yesterday and another one today. :blushing:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    yes loree, that is what i read/wrote. but i do not agree that 3 cups = 1 pound of berries. do you?
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Cups can be inaccurate depending how the berries fit in. So I try to weigh most foods on a scale if I can. The container I ate said 1 pound on it. Then I went to http://www.ez-calculators.com/measurement-conversion-calculator.htm to see how many grams is equal to one pound.
  • Dedicated
    Options
    yes loree, that is what i read/wrote. but i do not agree that 3 cups = 1 pound of berries. do you?

Well, my 3 cups equaled a little less than I pound (I measure everything on my Eatsmart scale). I think it really depends on how you cut them.