Been using off and on!!!!!

Options
I've been using MFP off and on for awhile. I go along pretty good for a week or two then get off track. I am determined to stay on track, and loose the extra weight. I find it so hard to stay on track on the weekends. Interested in hearing from everyone how you keep motivated on the weekends.

Replies

• runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I don't know exactly, but I think the weekend is easier for me because I have more time to go to the gym and make healthier meals. I do find planning out meals and such helps me to know what I'm doing.

11575603.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • DBiggs23
    Options
    I am not sure how I do it. The first week or so I was just excited to become healthier. Now it has just become a habit for me to log everything. I use the App on my phone as well as the computer. Now I just want to improve. Good luck and everyone helps a lot!!! You will do great, just make it a habit.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I was like that, too, for a little while. I will definitely say that one thing that helps me out a lot is the fact that I eat almost all of my food at home. For me, going out is sometimes a nightmare because it's so hard to know exactly how much to eat, not eat, blah blah blah. You might want to try making some goals for yourself, and try taking it just one week at a time, lol. Make a goal to log all your food for a week. Then do it again. And again... Pretty soon you'll like what you see once all the logging you do shows how GREAT you're eating! You'll be proud to show your diary off to other people. I like using this website because it gives me the accountability that I need to stay on track. No hiding my bad eating/exercising habits. Forces you to be a bit more honest with yourself as to how you actually eat and how much (or not so much) you actually exercise.
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    On the weekends I enjoy yummy food and I sometimes go over my cals... but not toooooo far over. I also try to get outside - either for a walk or a run. Leaves me feeling more relaxed and rejuvenated. Do you have the phone app? I find that really convenient for logging all day. Now don't be grossed out, but if I am having a really busy day, I bring my phone to the bathroom and log while I pee (or poop). lol Hope that made you laugh!! (but it's also true..)

Stick around, I love this site! It's working for me! xox
  • kcorethers
    Options
    I do have the phone app and love it.... LOL you too funny!!!!!!! Great time management skills though.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Just became so interested in what I am eating and learning lots about nutrition and exercise myths and facts that I keep coming back. Been on serious mission for more than 3 years and was searching for the info and commraderie I find here. To me it's about focus. I'm very focused and enjoy this site because many of the people who log in daily are focused as well.