Replies

• JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    im 5'2" my UG is between 130-135
  • aflwr
    aflwr Posts: 2
    Options
    5'2", 110 lbs? Really? On me people would think I'm anorexic!
    Besides, I ride a motorcycle and I don't think that weight would be able to handle a 600+ machine. I need the muscle and so my goal is 135, toned. Shoot, I'd be happy at 140!
    But don't worry so much about the numbers. As long as you know you're eating healthy and exercising, the pounds will come off, you'll start to slim down and you'll be a happier person inside and out. :wink:
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I was 110lbs when I was a teen. People did say I looked anorexic, but I was actually quite healthy at the time. Sure, I was on the lower side, but I was getting the nutrients I needed.

To hell with what people think.

Shoot for a weight that you can achieve and that you feel good about. Right now, I'm aiming for 130. That looked good on me, and I think I can actually maintain it once I hit that weight. I'm at 156 as of this morning.

When I was in the high 130s or low 140s (I didn't have a scale at the time) my doctor was already having conversations with me about weight loss. Diabetes runs in my family, so I don't want to mess around with what the general public wants to see. I want to look and feel the way that prevents diabetes. I could give a crap what emotions my acquaintances have about their own insecurities.
  • badtheory
    badtheory Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i'm 5"2, small frame but very active. my normal weight is around 110, and i certainly did not look sickly or anorexic at that weight. i looked healthy. i'm underweight at the moment and i still wouldn't describe myself as "sickly." wiry, perhaps.
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and weigh 115. I am small boned (and breasted :) so it works for me. My sister is also 5'2" and weighs 135 and it works for her on her frame.
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    A lot of that will vary depending on your build and structure. This includes size of your bones, weight dispersment, and the amount of muscle you have. Waist and hip measurements are much more accurate predicters of health than the number on the scale.
  • aurie024
    aurie024 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and my doctor told me for that height anywhere between 105-136 is "healthy. I find I look my best around 125-130. It depends on your body... but that gives you a pretty decent range of what considered medically healthy.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and trying for 140, but really I will go by how I look/feel. I have a feeling that even at 140lbs I will think I look too thin and I know for a fact my husband will not like it at all. LOL So I might stop at 150. :)
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", and my current weight is 116, which feels a little too heavy. I think 105 would be ideal, and anything below 100 would be too skinny. I should note that I have no muscle whatsoever. :)
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I've heard from 104-136 is healthy for us who are 5'2". You can also check out many online sites that will calulate healthy weights for different body structures, etc...
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I'm 5'2", and my current weight is 116, which feels a little too heavy. I think 105 would be ideal, and anything below 100 would be too skinny. I should note that I have no muscle whatsoever. :)

this is ME!! Friending you!