Chicken with Lemon Wine Sauce

Options
poisongirl6485
poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
So I made up a meal tonight and it was quite yummy! Here's what I did:

Saute 1 package Tyson Chicken Tenderloins (the one I used was 1.33 lbs with 10 'tenderloins' in it, each tenderloin is 2 oz) in olive oil (or you can use no-calorie cooking spray if you want). I also seasoned mine up with garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, paprika for some color, and salt.

When it's golden on each side, add 1 cup white wine (whatever you want to use is fine, I think I used white zinfandel), some lemon juice (to taste--it's zero calories so however much you want is up to you. I probably used a tablespoon or so), 2 tablespoons margarine (could use butter if desired), 1/4 cup of milk (I used whole so it would be creamier). Let simmer a bit so the alcohol cooks off.

Mix 1 TBSP corn starch with a bit of cold water (about 1/2 cup or so, doesn't have to be exact) to make a slurry, and pour into pan and stir around. Bring to boil and this will thicken into a nice sauce.

Serves 5. Calories per serving (2 tenderloins with sauce): 207. I put this over a cup of brown rice, total calories for the whole thing is 423. Yummy with a side salad.

Replies