Motivation to Lose 100+

Options
Hey everyone I am new to the site. I am currently a freshman in college and tired of being the fat girl. I want to feel pretty when going out, I don't want it to be a struggle to find cute clothes that fit me. I would like some attention from guys. I am ready to start making the change to lose weight. By the summer time I want to be 135 pounds. Come pool time I won't be embarrassed to wear a swim suit. I would love to a have a group of people to do this with so if you are in the same boat, please lets work together, I just need the motivation and support of others. I am tired of not feeling pretty and worth something, it is time to change that all!

Replies

• RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    This website is wonderful for motivation and support! You are going to go on an amazing journey, it might be long and hard but its worth it
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    There is a group called 100 + POUNDS TO GO DOWN! and a Message Board that is called "Need to lose 100 lbs. or more? Lets start a group!" both places are great for support from people who are facing similar challenges. You can friend me if you like I am half way to my goal of loosing about 150#
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    First of all - good job on starting this journey, and there is lots of great support on this site. Check out the groups - I think they are really helpful.

Second of all - you're not going to lose 91 pounds in a healthy way in 7 months but PLEASE dont' get discouraged because of that. You can definitely lose 50 pounds in 7 months and if you are working out and doing strength training your body will change a lot in those 50 pounds. You'll be pretty happy next summer. Tightening your muscles and losing some weight has a huge effect on how you look.

91 lbs would be 13lbs/month and as most of us will tell you, that's not a realistic goal long term for HEALTHY weight loss. The first month or two you might lose that much but afterwards it will be slower, and as you get close to your goal weight it will slow down even more. The last 10-20 lbs you probably will only want to lose about .5-1lb per week (to make sure you only lose fat and not muscle.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You are always worthy of being beautiful and feeling good. It's always good to want to better your health. You can add me if you want. I have 130 more pounds to go.
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! U will love it here....just stick to logging your food and staying within your range, try to get some exercise in and the lbs. will start melting off!! Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend for support.
  • Acatlett77
    Options
    Everyone here is very supportive & if you need advice they are very willing to help in any way they can. I want to loose 100+ lbs as well. Trust me MFP is amazing!!! You will be addicted in no time! I'm seriously obsessed & I'm on here more than I'm on fb! Lol! Welcome & I will send you a friend request. :)
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    hey :) im about the same age with about the same amount to lose. i've lost 30 and i've got 70 to go so im sure we can relate.. i want to lose weight for a lot of the same reasons (i have the most gorgeous and sexy friends and im so tired of being the fat girl i pictures and goingout!) i really want to live a healthy lifestyle and feel great about myself. you should add me - we can cheer each other on. i know i haven't lost much yet but.. its all about attitude. you have to make the decision and go hard core to reach your goals and always have a good attitude. take it one step at a time. i make a LOT of short term goals so that the next 95 lbs, 70 lbs, etc doesn't look so scary and long term! best of luck. xo
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is very supportive & if you need advice they are very willing to help in any way they can. I want to loose 100+ lbs as well. Trust me MFP is amazing!!! You will be addicted in no time! I'm seriously obsessed & I'm on here more than I'm on fb! Lol! Welcome & I will send you a friend request. :)

i agree...
  • lalalacava15
    Options
    I would to help each other especially since we both can relate! Thanks so much!
  • JU_CFRUIT
    JU_CFRUIT Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS HOW DO I SIGN UP
  • recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Great decision. And this site is a great tool, scientifically AND emotionally speaking. 1st, become friends with others that have lost over 100 and are losing over 100. 2nd, log everything that goes into your mouth, everyday, here on your page, and allow friends to view your diary. 3rd have a plan to change your lifestyle and plan ahead as far as food is concerned. Good luck!