looking for slow cooker pork roast recipes...

Options
rockerbabyy
rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
...that dont include canned soups or dried soup mixes.
planning on having yams and salad and maybe another veggie on the side.
i have a pretty wide selection of veggies and stuff to put with it, just cant make my brain work today

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I don't put any veggies with mine. All I put is a dry rub of black pepper and garlic powder. You can also use Mrs.Dash if you have any.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just put mine in the crock pot with just one cup of water and I smear the whole top with chopped garlic and cook it all day. Its heaven! You can scrape off the garlic before removing it if you're not a garlic liking person. It just gives it a great flavor. From there you can shred it or slice it and do with it what ever you want without added calories. I am buying one this weekend (store is having a super sale) and I'll be doing the above Sunday. It makes the house smell so good!
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a pork roast just needs to lay in a bed of sauerkraut, with maybe a half a dark beer thrown in.

There will still be salt from the sauerkraut, but it will be lowered a bit by rinsing it well.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Nothing really to it. Just slap some spices on it and let it sit on low for 4 hours or so.
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I doubt this is what you're looking for, but I love to put a pork sirloin in the crockpot and dump a jar of green salsa on it. Cook it all day, then shred. It's so good!
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    thanks guys :) lots of ideas <3
  • AlissaB87
    Options
    Cant wait to try some of these out!! Ijust bought my 1st crock pot last weekend!! :D
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My hubby just takes a Boston Butt Pork Roast, slices an apple in the bottom of the crock pot, adds the pork, salt and pepper and cooks on low for about 6 - 7 hours! It's great! Then chop any leftovers with a little bbq sauce for the next night!
  • velarneyraptor
    velarneyraptor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just put mine in the crock pot with just one cup of water and I smear the whole top with chopped garlic and cook it all day. Its heaven! You can scrape off the garlic before removing it if you're not a garlic liking person. It just gives it a great flavor. From there you can shred it or slice it and do with it what ever you want without added calories. I am buying one this weekend (store is having a super sale) and I'll be doing the above Sunday. It makes the house smell so good!

This sounds delicious... I LOVE garlic...
  • velarneyraptor
    velarneyraptor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I doubt this is what you're looking for, but I love to put a pork sirloin in the crockpot and dump a jar of green salsa on it. Cook it all day, then shred. It's so good!

Ooooh... you could make pulled pork wraps with this...
  • peacheywoo
    peacheywoo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Have you tried throwing it in with passata - I use chicken or pork, passata, veggies and whatever spices I fancy - can make it mediterranean or north african or mexican. Cook on a hob if you need a quick meal or in a slow cooker for longer if you have the time. It can be really low calorie depending on what you serve it with but its so simple.
  • BrokenBottle
    BrokenBottle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Allrecipies.com
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I have a house-favorite sauce for pulled pork!!! Makes GREAT pulled pork even better the next day too!

French's - Classic Yellow Mustard (100% Natural), 3/4 C
    Heinz - Distilled White Vinegar, 1/3 Cup
    Generic - Jelly-Red Currant, 1 Tbs 50
    Onions - Raw, 0.25 cup, finely chopped
    Lea & Perrins - Worcestershire Sauce, 1/4 C

Total calories for recipe: 109 Calories
    Total carbs for recipe: 23 carbohydrates
    No fat, no protein
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Bump. I will try some of these.
  • tnwhaley
    Options
    it sounds crazy but it is great - put pork/beef roast in crock pot , season with salt and pepper, put enough water to cover the bottom then pour brewed coffee over it ( 1-2 cups). cook low all day or high 4-5 hours (depending on size of roast). It will be so great and tender. You can shred and add small amt of bbq sauce or have with a side of fresh veggies.
  • zephyrc
    zephyrc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Paprika, maple syrup, bit of water or apple juice/applesauce.
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    all of these sound delicious! lol im going to have to buy more roasts to try them all :D
    i do usually try allrecipes.com but didnt feel like sorting through the ones that call for canned soups and dried soup mixes and stuff.
  • LoosieLoo
    LoosieLoo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Chinese Char Siu Pork Roast

The best one I've tried so far is from the Cooking Light's, My recipes site. It's a very flavorful Chinese pulled pork style recipe. It's a little sweet, spicey & smokey. I've made it 4 or 5 times. Both my husband & I love it!! 227 calories per 3 oz. serving. The link is below

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-char-siu-pork-roast-10000001160642/
  • blessedgmp
    blessedgmp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just tried a new pulled pork recipe and it was great. A butt or sholder works best to shred. Cut up and onion and put in the bottom of the crock pot put pork on top and then top with another cut up onion. Add one cup ginger ale and cook on low overnight. Take out pork and shred and throw onion and juice away. Most of the fat has cooked out. Shred with two forks then put back in the crock pot with your favoirte bbq sauce (a whole jar) and cook a few more hours. Serve with cole slaw and dill pickels on a bun or just a big scoop on your plate. It was great. you never know with a new recipe.

Pa AKA Blessedgmp