worried

Options
hey im getting quite worried, i eat healthy through the week and run and exercise but then on say two days a week a really pig out. Ive been doing this for weeks. I havent put on weight though and im worried its all going to pile on!!!! Any advice? I exercise at least 4 times a week and generally eat healthy through the week xx

Replies

• sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I think you're right ... those pig out days will eventually catch up with you. Maybe not at 24, but one day things will change. It's all a part of growing up. :smile:

I think you need to ask yourself why you're pigging out. If hunger isn't the problem, then food isn't the solution. Examine what's going on. My assumption is you're out with friends, want to fit in, yadda-yadda-yadda. But I could be wrong. You can compensate for going overboard every once in a while, but this is becoming a habit. Is this the habit you want to form?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise.. which it sounds like you got both of those covered.

Two days of pigging out on the weekend is not going to hurt you. It may make you retain some water but thats about it. You need to eat 3500 extra calories to gain a pound a fat.. and unless your eating that on your pig out days, you have nothing to worry about.
  • change_happens
    Options
    Hi. I wouldn't worry too much. Weight doesn't pile on, it creeps up on us and then one day we get on the scale and ask ourselves where it all came from. But in reality, it is a process that happens over time. If you are weighing yourself weekly, I don't see you getting too far off of your pathway. Keep up with the working out!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Good advice sjtreely.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    double post because my internet is silly :)
  • Ericgunner
    Options
    Unfortunately I know it's boring, it comes down to willpower and determination. And the only person you're cheating by binge eating at the weekends is yourself.
    More than happy to become a friend if you need some extra support.

Eric
  • duffydog1
    duffydog1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    For my whole life up until I was ill a few years ago, I ate sensibly all week and relaxed over the weekend. I was slim then and did not need to diet but I knew I could put on weight if I over indulged. It was easy - it became part of my working week - fruit breakfast, single sandwich lunch, simple dinner, plenty of water and little alcohol. Then at the weekend, I allowed myself the things I didn't eat in the week. If I wanted pizza, a roast dinner - a fried breakfast or chips, this would only be at the weekend ( I didn't of course eat all those things every weekend!) the weekend was only 2 days - Saturday and Sunday. If I went out on Friday night after work - I limited my 'weekend eating' to Friday and Saturday - not Sunday as well. I also went out to bars drinking with my friends.

It worked well for me - I weighed a constant 112lbs for 10 years living like this. When I was ill my metabolism changed and I put on weight but the weight gain wasn't due to more relaxed eating at the weekend. However - I wouldn't say I really pigged out at the weekend. But I agree with sjtreely - If you are really bingeing, you should definitely try to ask yourself why. Best wishes to you.