How are you going to "Treat" yourself when you hit your goal

Options
Have been on this site just less than a month and have lost 9 pounds so far!! This is great. I know won't continue at this rate because I had gained 5 lbs fairly recently and those came off quickly. Only 11 to go for short term goal by December 29th when I go to Ireland - :-) !!!

Longer term goal is to lose additional 10 and stay at that weight for at three months. I decided that once I achieve that I am taking myself clothes shopping with $5,000 and buy entire new wardrobe. I have always wanted to do that!! I hate to take money out of savings, but if I can lose 30 pounds and keep it off then I deserve it.

What are you guys going to do to reward yourselves???/

Replies

• denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Have been on this site just less than a month and have lost 9 pounds so far!! This is great. I know won't continue at this rate because I had gained 5 lbs fairly recently and those came off quickly. Only 11 to go for short term goal by December 29th when I go to Ireland - :-) !!!

Longer term goal is to lose additional 10 and stay at that weight for at three months. I decided that once I achieve that I am taking myself clothes shopping with $5,000 and buy entire new wardrobe. I have always wanted to do that!! I hate to take money out of savings, but if I can lose 30 pounds and keep it off then I deserve it.

What are you guys going to do to reward yourselves???/
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Shopping!!!

I officially have no jeans that fit... THAT'S A GOOD THING!! (They all fit so big on me)
    I tried wearing a size 8P yesterday and I was holding them up the entire time I was out looking for Halloween shirts for my girls.

I definitely have to do some serious shopping (less than 5 grand though LOL) when I reach my goal which is now 6 pounds away... Could have been 3 pounds but I gained during my daughters birthday weekend... yup.. I said weekend =/
  • denmother46
    Options
    Healthier_Me

I bet the 3lbs goes away within a day or two. My weight fluctuates madly, but overall definatelygoing down!!

Retail therapy IS the way to go!!!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    When I gained 1 pound back when I started using this site it did go away very fast but these 3 pounds are hanging on to my fanny for dear life.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Ditto to the shopping. I am going to get some clothes that fit well - a good fitting pair of jeans would be awesome.
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    But I also think I would want to be goddess for a day and treat myself to a massage and facial or something.
  • denmother46
    Options
    Julie,

Good answer.....massage!!!
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    YES! all good ideas:) too bad we don't all live near one another... we could have a Paarrrrtay!
  • SugarBearRetired
    SugarBearRetired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    sexy lingerie I'll be proud to wear in front of my sweetie
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,976 Member
    Options
    Dolphins in Bimini - in a bathing suit that I hope I will find JUST before I leave in May. Eight day,s 7 nights, no cell phone - swimming with the wild dolphins. A life - long dream.

cm
  • denmother46
    Options
    cm,

What a great trip - I love dolphins!!
    Isn't it motivating to have something like that to look forward to? I know that my trip to Ireland in December is keeping me going. I'm hoping that I'll be in good enough shape ( and weather/rain/sleet/snow permitting) to really be able to ride/jump horses this time, rahter than just holding on!!!!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    denmother,

So, in Bimini, I can't rent a car. I can rent a golf cart, or bike-- LOL. --Do you have to ride horses in Ireland? They do have cars by now, 2007, right? Sounds like fun either way!

~Cheryl
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    My parents are paying for all of us kids (5 of us) and spouses and one granchild to go to Disney World in December! I have lost at least 4 pounds so far and want to lose 6 more by then! After that I want to lose and keep off another 10 pounds or so by my anniversary in April.
    I hope I can keep in my calorie range at DW! =-)
    Melissa
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    CM I love your trip idea, I think if I get to my goal, 30 lbs away still, I'm going on a cruise to the Carribean and just lie on the sand in an itty bitty bathing suit. Of course I'm into retail therapy already because I need new jeans. I've hit a snag though, I'm feeling very tired and don't want to get on my treadmill today. Have fun with the dolphins when you get there
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    kgllose: Go, go, go - get on that treadmill today!!!!! C'mon I know you can!!!!!

I do know what you mean about a lack of energy. The weather here has been dreary for about 9 days (expect Saturday, which was sunny). Makes me want to go to sleep - and eat! But I already went to the gym and it has helped.

But you will feel better if you do it - come on, up and adam!
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    Kjllose - BTW, very cute kitty! Love your pic!
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    8 more lbs until I reach my 2nd SHORT term goal (ya I have about 4 short term goals until I reach my big one!) And then, I think, hmmmm....... Yup shopping sounds great. Or a massage, I would love a massage so much right about now.... thanks for the motivator!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Thanks Julie of the wolves for the support I really appreciate it. The kitty is BooBoo and he has a brother named Yogi. I just got sick of my pic. Soon I'll put a new one up with me 20 lbs lighter with short hair. See ya later gotta get on the treadmill . kjl
  • denmother46
    Options
    cm,

Yes, they have cars now in Ireland (lol), however only VERY small ones!!.

Riding is my passion from when I was a kid and have only been doing it off and on for the last 20 years or so. My sister lives in Ireland and works at an equestrian center that she used to take her students to when she lived here in the States. I used to tag along once a year. They feature cross country jumping there ( kind of like fox hunting without the dogs or the poor foxes). You get to gallop around the estate (1000 acres) jumping all kinds of stuff. The last time I went and really rode was in 1995 and it almost killed me. Most people think that the horse does all of the work, but it doesnt exactly happen that way. Anyway, for this trip I will be much fitter, even though I will be 12 years older (yuck!)
  • cmriverside
    Options
    kjlose,

How long did you work on the treadmill?? ( Just being the angel on your shoulder...)

cm