My weight loss has completely stopped :( why??

Options
I reached my original goal a few months ago, and set a new goal for myself. My settings are such that I should lose 1 pound a week eating 1400 calories a day (I'm pretty tall so I think my calorie goal is a little higher than some other women), and I stick to my calorie goal almost perfectly. I am generally under on carbs and over on protein, but I think that is better for my body anyways. I know that my calorie intake is accurate because I literally weigh everything I put into my mouth! So why have I completely stopped losing weight? In fact, I put on about 5 pounds since reaching my original goal :(

Replies

• stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Any chance you've reached a healthy weight and that you body is happy there? Could be why its not shifting. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I think it's our bodies telling us that our current weight is where we should be at. I still strive for improvement by sticking with my calorie goals and doing more weightlifting to try and tone up.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Without seeing your food diary, it's hard to say what you could change to make better. Are you still working out a lot? If yes, the question is, are you taking measurements. Because it's possible that while you're "gaining" weight, you could be losing inches. If you're losing inches then the "weight" gain would be from increased muscle mass as you burn off more fat. So in this instance, measurements would be very important.

If you're not working out, what about sodium? TOM? Either of these separately, and definitely together can cause water weight.
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    Your body adjusts to what you eat and the exercise you do ~ also your body decides how much you should weigh and works to keep you at that weight. In order to lose more weight you have to change up what you do, eating and exercise. Exercise more intensely and eat more.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    instead of being so committed to your daily calorie goal, try following your calorie goal 5 days, then having one spike day where you eat an extra 1,000ish calories...and then do a 24 hour fast (drinking primarily water, but other 0 calorie beverages are okay)....and then repeat the next week. try that for 2 weeks.
  • awalters46103
    Options
    I'm having the same problem - I've been stuck at the same weight for a good 2 months now. I know i can do better because it's not my lowest weight (had some trouble over summer that caused weight gain and am about 8/9lb off my lowest). Im on 1,250cal/day and have been since i started...I exercise about 3 times a week and burn between 300-900 cals/session......!
  • kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I reached my original goal a few months ago, and set a new goal for myself. My settings are such that I should lose 1 pound a week eating 1400 calories a day (I'm pretty tall so I think my calorie goal is a little higher than some other women), and I stick to my calorie goal almost perfectly. I am generally under on carbs and over on protein, but I think that is better for my body anyways. I know that my calorie intake is accurate because I literally weigh everything I put into my mouth! So why have I completely stopped losing weight? In fact, I put on about 5 pounds since reaching my original goal :(

Are you losing inches or gaining?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Low protein and fat intake.
    Calories are set below BMR.
    Body is not getting the nutrients it needs for basic functions so it's wanting to keep what it has.
    Feed that furnace and if you dont drop in 2 weeks adjust.

What worked for me at that point was upping calories protein and fat.
    It revved the metabolism and I decided that the new calorie intake was much better than the old one of 1400 calories.

Try boosting it to 1800 or 2k for 2 weeks!
    All that running around to classes and such should help give you the boost you need!
    Oh yea...protein and healthy fats are a must for this to work!
    hugs!