Wii Games are they as good as the Hype?

Options
I have seen all the execise games on the shelves.
Do they really work?
Which ones have you used?

Replies

• nettleboo
    nettleboo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    hello i have ea sports active 2 and i think its awesome i was anti exercise before but now i pretty much use it everyday ive lost some weight so im sure its helping. its only £6.99 at hmv heres the link http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?WT.mc_id=101689&sku=680238
  • tribejohnson
    tribejohnson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've played the xbox Kinnect games and they are great. I have found Fitness Evolved and Zumba to be the best. Fitness Evolved has a nice tracking program. Zumba just gets you moving right off the bat and it's easy to follow.
  • suemurphy2010
    Options
    I'm using EA Active Sports Personal Trainer 1 and 2 for the wii and I'm definitely seeing results. I have wii fit plus but I don't feel as though I've done anything afterwards whereas with Personal Trainer I feel like I've been to the gym. Good luck
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    They certainly don't hurt. They rarely give an intense workout, but they're a good start for someone who is not very active and doesn't exercise at all.
  • tubie22
    Options
    I don't do the Wii games as such, but I do the Zumba dvds at home and i know there is a Zumba wii game. I think they are just about to release a second one.

Anyway, the zumba dvds are fan-frickin-tastic! Best work out i have ever done and it doesn't even feel like a workout. You are guaranteed a few buckets of sweat after a workout with Zumba. So i assume the wii game would be pretty similar.

I would definitely recommend Zumba to anyone, whether it's a class, the dvd or the workout game for the wii.

It's really brilliant fun and works out you're whole body to great music.

Have fun! :bigsmile:
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I've used Wii Bowling, but the big problem is that you tend to spill your beer if you get too energetic.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have been using the wii biggest loser challenge game and I am always challenged. I have actually lost over 30 pounds doing the wii 3 nights of the week and the gym 2 nights of the week. I can usually burn between 300-500 cals per workout on the wii.
  • Victœria
    Victœria Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    hey, that's really good. Our local supermarket does 2nd hand games and i have seen the biggest looser game on the shelf.. thats given me something to think about TY :)
  • Victœria
    Victœria Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ww play Wii bowling for £1 a game.. fun times :)
  • edwardra3
    Options
    I have Wii Fit Plus. It's okay for cardio, but the strength training is useless. Also, a big problem to deal with for any of the wii fitness games that use the balance board, it doesn't work well on carpet. Even with the carpet feet, it sinks into even thin carpeting. It once told me that I weighed only 70 pounds!
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    To you with problem with carpet/Wii balance board, did you put those little plastic feet on it! When I first got it I didn't put them on and nothing worked.

I've lost almost 20 lbs since I have had the Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus. Oh my gosh! I love it! I am a single mom and a full-time med student, soooo busy and have no sidewalks to run/jog on in neighborhood. I have also been a Nintendo junky for yrs, so seeing my progress and the game recording my accomplishments and challenging me to do better works for me.

I use the Jillian Michaels game also and have lost about 15 lbs since I added that in. The strength training for me, kicks my butt on Wii fit plus, I shake and sweat and my kids must think I'm nuts. I run, do step, boxing, yoga, and the fun games, even dodging soccer balls makes me sweat and is fun.

Had tennis/bowling in the beginning but rarely do those... I should... The tennis gets me shuffling all over the living room *causes me to clean up beforehand also :)*

I'm on my way to use the Wii fit right now!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I have EA Active 2 and I think it could be a good workout but I don't like it. It doesn't register a lot of my movements--especially when I'm using the resistance band. It makes it REALLY annoying and frustrating.

I never feel like I get a workout with Wii Fit Plus but it's fun to play. My kids use it a lot and they love it.
  • TMLS
    TMLS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I attribute my first 50-80lbs lost simply to Wii Fit Plus. It's a great way for those who perhaps aren't up for or able to exercise to get into it. I did at least an hour a day, and really sent me on my way.