Any Advice? New to All This...

Options
I am 25 years old and recently my friends tagged me some pictures that I was not so crazy about. I looked horriable, I guess I never realized that I let my self go like I did. When I was younger I was vey into sports and was very active, but still I was on the chunkier side, but I looked healthy I thought. Now that I am older and had a baby last year it is not looking so good. I wegh in around 255 and I would love to get down to the 150s. This is my goal. I have never been good at the whole diet thing. I live a very busy lifestyle and alot of times me and my husband go for quick and easy, whether it be through a drive thru or a skillet meal from the grocery store. I would love some added support from the myfitnesspal community because my husband says he loves me no matter what. So I dont have the biggest support team. He tells me he wants me to be happy but he's not going t tell me the truth and what I really need to hear. He weighs in round 175 and he has nothing to worry bout like me. I hate taking pictures with my son because I feel so horriable bout myself and the way I look. I want to be healthy for myself as well as my family... Wish me luck on this journey!

Replies

• Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Welcome aboard the MFP train! Its a great place and you will see results as long as you stay committed :)! Add me if you would like. I do babble a lot about running, just warning you.
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good luck - you can do this, and only you!! You will get lots of support here, and it will help to keep you honest. It is truly a very easy system to use and track, and it only helps to keep you motivated. You can do it!! Feel free to friend me - I'm on this journey too, and found this has been the best motivation of all.
  • JOANIE69
    JOANIE69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    hya and welcome im new to this also feel free to add me ,joanie
  • ohiogal614
    ohiogal614 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well, I know you have taken the first step by joining this site. Our weight loss goals are so close... I started at 243 and now am trying to get to 160. I started in 2008 and lost the first bunch of weight in a year and a half. I didn't care that it was slow, I just focused on losing. Even a half pound a week was in the right direction.

I had to change a lot of bad habits... like drive thrus, eating on the run, and not going to grocery to have good,healthy foods in the house. So that was the worst part. Now I carry a bunch of Special K bars in my car for my snack attacks. Twice I have found myself in line at a fast food place and made it thru by ordering a diet coke and then enjoying that with a Special K bar.

So, I guess for me, the hardest part was getting organized and getting into the habit of having healthy food around - at all times. And the easiest thing for me has been walking for exercise. I am not a fanatic, but I do enjoy a nice peaceful walk a few times a week. Kills hunger and makes me feel fit!

Good luck on your journey, there are lots of people here who will support you, me included!

12543088.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mikelizr1
    Options
    All I can say is smart decision to use MFP......it works.....7 days and 4.8lbs gone. Good luck
  • swtgrl42
    swtgrl42 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great site, very inspirational and encouraging. Would love to add you as a friend.