My new fave breakfast!

poisongirl6485
poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
So I'm trying to eat earlier and have it be something healthy. Generally I don't like oatmeal, but yesterday I made it and added a scoop of ON Nitrocore 24 protein powder to it. It wasn't too bad, but a little calorie heavy since I made it with milk and not water.

This morning, i made the oatmeal with water, added the chocolate protein powder again, and a tablespoon of peanut butter. OMG It tastes JUST like those No-Bake Chocolate PB Oatmeal cookies! It's 440 calories total, but if you have a protein powder that's not so calorie heavy like mine is (200 cals per scoop---will be getting a lower cal one when this is gone), you could reduce it.

And it's SO FILLING.

This is totally my new go-to breakfast!

Replies

• smcassaro
    smcassaro Posts: 123 Member
    What a great idea! I'm going to try this with the steel-cut oats that I bought & didn't really care for.
  • bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    My favorite breakfast has been 1/2 cup of oatmeal cooked in 1 cup of water in the microwave for 1.5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup frozen blueberries and 1 tbl of honey and mix. Yum! Plus I have a glass of nonfat milk to wash it down.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Sounds AMAZING!
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    I eat oatmeal or porridge every morning with almond milk, protein powder, almond butter, berries and cinnamon. I have a side of Greek yogurt with it for a calorie load of 500 to 600 cals almost every day. I am full to bursting 'till lunch so I don't feel the need to snack. It is high calorie for sure, but I have found that when I switch it for a lower calorie breakfast , my weight-loss tends to stall out.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    i have been having it with peanut butter and 1.5t of choc chips.....YUM!
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Bump
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    I hate oatmeal!!! But I love this oatmeal

1 cup water 0 calories
    1/2 cup quick cook oats 150 calories
    2 TBS I cant believe it's not butter spray 0 calories
    1/4 tsp cinnamon 6 calories
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract 12 calories
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries 36 calories
    total 204 calories

Very good
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    I eat oatmeal & pb every day. I sprinkle ground cinnamon on it too.
    Love love love love love it!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    My diary is embarrassing, because I have literally had this every morning for the last month: 1/4 cup steel cut oats with 1 tablespoon almond butter, 1/4 scoop chocolate protein powder, and a splash of soy milk. IT. IS. HEAVEN. Oatmeal is perfect during the fall/winter!!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    I really like oatmeal, but I've never tried it with peanut butter. That does sound delish. I love PB! I usually have my oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon and chopped walnuts. Heavy on the calories too, but very filling! I'm usually not hungry until well past lunch time!
  • jlr_12
    jlr_12 Posts: 170 Member
    Bump!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Is it bad that I want to eat this for dessert? I think I might...I have plenty of cals left too...
  • bump! Great ideas!
  • kate0309
    kate0309 Posts: 26 Member
    Great ideas.