New to all this....

Options
Hi there, I am a fu time shift worker and fining it hard to shift the weight!!! I need to loose 28lbs as my clothes are getting tighter and I can't afford new ones. I would like to make friend and get motivated!!! I have done well today, a 60 min dog walk in the lovely sunshine and at 15 degrees in november its got to be a first :-)

I seem to be -45 in my protine which I don't understand???!!! if any one can assist?? Other wise all good and on track!! but food and wine seem to be my hobby!!!

Replies

• imalikat2
    imalikat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! This is a great place to meet friends and get motivation! You only need a little dedication and you'll see progress toward your goal without realizing it. The -45 on protein just means that you've consumed more proteins that you have alotted for the day based on the goals that you've set for yourself. I'm sure others can probably shed more light on this, too.,

Where the heck to you live for it to be 15 degress in November??

Glad you're here for the journey! :smile:
  • fiona123456
    Options
    Hi, thank you for the reply and friends request. The protine thing I'm not sure about its what its set itself at. Seems a very small amount I'm allowed!!! oh well I will ignore that at the min and concentrate on low fat and calorie control. lol

I live near to Windsor, its been glorious (borrowed the dog for a walk!!)
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I always go over my proteins...I weight train and do cardio 4 days a week and just cardio 2 days a week, I think going over in protein is not such a bad thing. Feel free to add me if you like...we can help eachother!

Forget the 15 degrees...lol, I live in FL and its a gorgeous 75 today!
  • MelB124
    Options
    I'm new to this myself and find it hard to understand the recording of the food sometimes. I am also looking for motivation. I'm glad you've come to this site. It makes me feel like I have to log in and record my info or I'm cheating, so it should help with my weight loss goals. :)
  • Fitgirlrocks
    Fitgirlrocks Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Here is a simple calculation that you can use to check how much protein you need to be eating. kg of bodyweight *.8 = grams of protein (assuming you over over age 19). Many people feel like they need more protein than they actually do. I definitely fell into that mindset. Anyway, it's just a quick little check you can do to make sure. :) Add me as a friend if you would like.

FitGirlRocks