Hi, I thought I'd do as the message board said...

Options
Hi, I started in the mid-summer, and have made reasonable progress - 21kgs so far. I am only a third of the way to where I want to be, but I am pretty certain it is going to start to be tougher to lose lose weight going forward...

I stumbled across this website when I was trying to find the calories for cabbage (I'd just made a green smoothie) and I am pleased that I did - I think it will only help; I am looking forward to where this new journey takes me :-)

I'm also looking forward to "meeting" some of you over the coming days, weeks, months - finally I hope you all continue to make successful progress on your your own journeys.

bw

Replies

• jvan1957
    jvan1957 Posts: 114
    Options
    Best things to do is to log everything and get yourself some friends who will help by encouraging and motivating you.
    I'm sending you a friend request next :)
  • suzikay
    Options
    I am so grateful to the friend who introduced me to MFP - it's been really effective in helping me lose weight - 33lbs so far - and we are learning a better way of eating for life rather than following a diet. My husband hasn't been logging in like me, but he has gone down a trouser size - probably more like two now, we keep making new notches in his belt! - and fits Large rather than XL for knitwear, so he's benefiting, too. We've managed to enter a number of our customary recipes, so it gets easier to keep track of what we're eating as time goes on.

I hope you'll continue to enjoy visiting the site, and find, as I have, that it's a brilliant tool to help on the journey to a healthier life.
  • Ilisidi
    Ilisidi Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you , very much appreciated.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    This truly a helpful place. I came here Labor Day weekend. I lost weight for my sons wedding. And a little more after the wedding. Then it started the weight started going back up. I lost 25lbs, gained back 15lbs. Started excercising and thats when I found this site. It has been the most helpful place. Here I have lost 17lbs. I am 54yrs old , so I do know how it is for us slightly older people. Anybody that wants to add me as a friend.