This newbie says....hey:-))

Options
I came here to finish what I started about five years ago. Five years ago, I weighed 258 pounds and then lost a large amount of weight. I am currently 187 (give or take ten pounds) and I've been sitting at this weight for the past five years. My goal from the start has been to lose 100 pounds and get to 158. I discussed this weight with my doc and he feels it is a great goal.

My new motivation is that at the end of February, I am going to the Dominican and I want to be at my goal and make it a celebration!! Three and a half months to lose 29 pounds. I have a personal trainer (well, my boyfriend....who is going with me to the Dominican so he is dedicated...lol) and ready to rock this!

Would love some good friends on here so hit me up! Any suggestions, I would be happy for. I am SO loving looking at everyone's before and after pics. OMG!!!

Replies

• omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    Wow! Congrats thus far in your weight loss journey! You can totally reach your goal in 3 months! Dedication and hard work!

Welcome to MFP & good luck. Feel free to add me as a friend :):)
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! You have a great goal to work towards!! You can do this! Best wishes on your journey and feel free to add me!!
  • Dominicanbound
    Options
    Thank you both! I will definitely add. I feel like this is my time to make it happen. The Dominican is the perfect distance away. If it were just a month or two, I wouldn't have time to hit my goal and it was further away, I wouldn't be motivated....I would keep putting it off thinking I'll get to work later. But at a slow, steady pace, I can do this!!!!
  • suziwilson
    Options
    I'm going on my first Caribbean cruise in January and trying to lose so I can look fabulous!!! I'm currently having trouble doing as much exercise as I would like because I'm recovering from a bad bicycle accident and still doing rehab.

I would love to have some more MFP friends.
  • TristinAlmity
    Options
    Awesome goals! I'm heading to Vegas in June and looking to shed 60lbs. Let's do this!
  • Dominicanbound
    Options
    Trips can be so motivating because you invest a lot into them and feeling good about yourself will make ALL the difference! I understand about coming back from an accident. I was in a car accident and have gained about 10 bad pounds from it. That was in April. I'm just getting back into exercising. Just gotta find what doesn't bother your injury. I was really into spin and won't be doing that for a while.
  • suziwilson
    Options
    Trips can be so motivating because you invest a lot into them and feeling good about yourself will make ALL the difference! I understand about coming back from an accident. I was in a car accident and have gained about 10 bad pounds from it. That was in April. I'm just getting back into exercising. Just gotta find what doesn't bother your injury. I was really into spin and won't be doing that for a while.

I love spinning!!! I've had to start using the elliptical machine though as spinning aggravates my vertigo. Hopefully the experts will be able to fix that (I go in next week to see them). If not, I will just learn to adapt.

I will keep working toward my goals and pushing my limitations. Either way I will definitely enjoy the cruise in January.

Enjoy your weekend.
  • Dominicanbound
    Options
    I had vertigo once and I have such compassion for anyone that suffers from it. It is SO scary and such a horrible sensation. I'm sorry you are going through that:-(( I am purchasing a Randy Ross stepper. Google it and let me know what you think. I test tried one in Atlantic City and fell in love with it.
  • Misdy
    Misdy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Well done on your amazing weight loss so far - MFP is highly motivating! Feel free to add me :)