Leticia - starting today! (30, Argentina)

Options
Hello everybody!

So many people starting on Sunday! Weekend is a good time to sit back and look back and try to change or improve your health/weight :)

In my case, I'm not very good with goals; I've never set any goals for my life therefore I don't get so motivated so often. I'm praying Heaven for some self consciousness and energy to loss some weight (I need to drop 10kg = 20kg to stay on my ideal weight)

Hope to make so friends and find support here! :)

Greetings from Argentina,
Leti

Replies

• kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Oh man, is it even possible to lose weight in Argentina? If I were back there i'd be eating all the Asado, Empanadas, Dulce de Leche, Facturas, Pepas and Alfajores I could eat :)
  • letonia_
    letonia_ Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi kagenw! LOL, do not even remind me what I get into! (our food taste sooo good!)
  • letonia_
    Options
    Hi Madrock! Actually that pic is my goal, I had 10 kg less than now :) (and few year less as well! )

Actually my sedentary lifestyle is my main problem: sitting behind a computer 24/7 = half for work and half for fun = need to change my sedentary ways asap!
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi kagenw! LOL, do not even remind me what I get into! (our food taste sooo good!)

Oh I know, it's probably a good thing that I'm not living there now. Heard the exchange rate was up to 4:1 which is a shame. I'll send you a friend request :)
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!! You'll find all the support you need here!! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • letonia_
    Options
    Thank you liveinthemix! Congrats for your weight loss (those tickers are so motivating!)
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to get support and learn healthy eating habits. My wife (hootsmamma)and I have really done well and lost a small person between us. The great friends and encouragement is incredible. Welcome and good luck! If you need support friend us.
  • letonia_
    Options
    Glad to read about that small person less in our world! :D Congrats both! Looking forward to start my whole experience (I'd love to share a lot UPS and not longing for too many DOWNS!)
  • letonia_
    Options
    I will start to take me pictures once per month to show all the progress :blushing:

day%2B1.JPG

Nov.13th, 2011 - Day 1 - 73 kg.
  • letonia_
    Options
    OK, my first day ends with 300 calories saved :)

It feels really good, I'm not hungry at all and I have read so many wonderful stories/blogs/posts throughout the day that it makes me wanna continue tomorrow!

See u tomorrow all!
  • Tiffany919
    Tiffany919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i just sent you a request. i visited argentina for 6 weeks and i gained weight while i was there! i even joined the gym. but the awesome thing about the gym there was a personal trainer was INCLUDED in my membership at every visit. he taught me more spanish and i taught him some english haha.

welcome and good luck to you!