Cried over a small NSV

Options
Okay, so I am a self-proclaimed sap... but a small NSV had me crying in the aisle at Sam's Club. :sad:

I needed to pickup a bag of dog food for my fuzzy babies. The bag I picked up weighed 22.5 lbs. As I grunted when I lifted it up, it dawned on my that I have lost more weight than that bag weighed. HOT DOG!!!!

2 more pounds and I am a third of the way to my final goal. I will post pics then......

Replies

• angelbeville
    Options
    I totally get it!!!

My best friend handed me two twenty pound bags of cat food once and said "there, that's how much you've lost!"

That powerful moment has stuck with me.

Congratulations on your loss!!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    awww congrats :D
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Somtimes you just don't realize what you've accomplished and then bam it happens. Continue on girl, you got this!!:wink:
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I totally understand! A 44lb bag of dog food was my catalyst for the beginning of my journey - I struggled with that 44lb bag and thought "holy crap" I carry MORE than this stupid bag around with me every single day. So HERE'S TO SHEDDING OUR DOG FOOD! :drinker:
  • Momt18
    Momt18 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I look forward to doing that. For now, I am contenting myself with looking at doing the same with pounds of butter. Two so far. Its a neat way to picture the weight loss.
  • TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    Options
    It's so wonderful to be able to tell this to people that understand. I told my husband and he just shook his head....

Thanks a mil to my wonderful MFP peeps! :drinker:
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    That is amazing. Look how far you've come WTG!
  • 07lucky07
    Options
    Amazing! Hopefully, I will also be there one day :)
    WOW, I just realised that I am planning to lose almost the same amount of weight as my dogs food weighs. :noway:
  • awoutlaw
    Options
    Great job!! What an amazing feeling!! Keep up the great work!!! :happy:
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Yaaay for you! It's exciting to be able to quantify weight lose as more than a number on the scales. To visually see it or to carry it really sends the message home in a differnent way that only someone who has lost weight can really understand.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    What a terrific milestone. Keep up the good work. :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. and to think if we carried that around all day ever day. Keep up the good work!!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Oooh thanks for posting that! Gives me an idea to make a pile of stuff that weighs whatever my loss is that week... yes yes yes, going to do that! It's sooooooo easy to lose hope in our impatience, that will really show the progress visually and even better if it's something you can pick up... and go "hey feet, remember this?" lol Great NSV, love it!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I totally get it too!!! At my last weigh in I realized that I lost more than my 18 month old daughter and she can be really heavy sometimes!!!

Congrats and keep it up!!!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Great visual!
  • TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    Options
    Anytime I start feeling down or unmotivated... I am going to go pick up that bag of dog food! Glad so many of you understand! THANKS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!