Weight Loss

Options
:smile: Hi I'm Chevy1998, I have problems in the evening munching all the time. Through the day I'm ok. Does anyone have a suggestion for me. I would really appreciate it.

Replies

• hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Try eating fruit. I try not to eat after 7:30, but if I do I eat fruit.
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    As long as your caloric intake stays within your BMR - you should be fine. You can calculate your BMR on this website http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ - I can also recommend their podcast (no advertising at all)
  • chevy1998
    Options
    Thank you. I sure will try that. I try not to eat after 7. Again Thank you
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    If you like tea, I would suggest drinking a cup without sugar or just honey and see if that helps! :smile: I have the same problem but tea seems to calm my cravings! Good luck!
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I try to distract myself. If that doesn't work I drink a lot of water so my stomach is full. If I still feel hungry I think about going to bed because I find if I'm pushing myself to stay up my body craves energy in whatever way it can get it. Best of luck!

11575603.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chevy1998
    Options
    Thank you. I never even thought of that. I got to watch my sugar intake. I'm a diabetic:drinker:
  • chevy1998
    Options
    Yeah I know what you mean about drinking water. That's all I drink morning, afternoon, and evening. Now once in awhile I will drink a diet coke or diet a&w rootbeer.:heart:
  • kgoodhart1
    kgoodhart1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Celery, carrots, water, water, water.
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    The water drinking suggestions are good and I would add a brief 5 minute walk or something to take your mind off of the urge.

I am the same way. Something weird happens to me after 7:00pm-ish and I'd nibble on something for really no good reason other than to nibble on something. That's why after I joined MFP, I do my cardio at night after 7:00.. Plus I'm a night person.

Diet A&W rootbeer rocks!!!!
  • Shoegirl018
    Options
    I find that if I have a late dinner (no earlier than 6pm) makes the evening shorter and I am full for longer into the evening. Then I close the kitchen, go in there only for water, brush my teeth and distract myself. If I'm still having a hard time wanting to snack, I go to bed, even if it's only 8:30pm. Since I'm up at 5:30am I am usually ready for bed by 9-9:30pm anyway.

Best of luck on you weight loss journey!
  • shelley74shelley
    Options
    I try to have lots of low calorie snacks in. My fave at the moment is weight watchers 'magnum' type ice cream lollies, 95 calories each!
  • dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Pick up some yarn. Learn to knit, crochet, embroider anything you can do to keep your hands and mind occupied. I crochet and if I have a granny square or am working on a loom blanket, I never even think to get up and get something little to munch on. I think it's a bit like smoking, if you only smoke when you go there or while you're doing whatever and you stop the connection, the addiction or habit is likely to change all on it's own. Give your hands and mind something to do. I suggested this to an old supervisor I had. I bought her one of those sets of round looms at Walmart and taught her how to use it. She lost 10# the first month as she was trying to figure it out and was having fun trying different color combinations, it never occured to her to have to munch.
  • erdelyt
    erdelyt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try brushing your teeth right after dinner. It will make you think twice before eating something else.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I sure will try that. I try not to eat after 7. Again Thank you

Does late night eating disturb your sleep or cause other problems?

It won't make you fat provided you stay under maintenance on calories. I literally eat the majority of my calories at night, and lots of carbs and calories right before bed.

As long as you stay within your calorie and macronutrient targets you'll be absolutely fine.

My suggestion, provided you don't have digestion/sleep issues with late night eating, is to save some more calories for evening. Eat slightly fewer calories during the day so that you save some for night time.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    "Planned snack" time!
  • chevy1998
    Options
    Thats me I munch for no good reason, too. When I can I get a 2 1/2 mile walk in with my sister. My husband and my 2 boys in the summer walk the tow-path in the summer. But hunting season is in now. Don't get to many walks in. I have a friend who gave me an Eliptacal {hope you understand that spelling. haha} to use. So I'm going to try that. Got it today. Yes I agree with you A & W Rootbeer Rocks.