Websites and Recipes Anyone?

Options
My family has never been the kind to make super healthy food, but I do want to try something new and delicious! :D
I know it seems like I'm really trying to hard to put this out there and I'm sincerely sorry if you don't like the fact that I'm making my website known. But, you must know that I also want to know if you have any, too.
Anyway, I have a section on my website where I ask for recipes and websites.
If you have any recipes, please tell me! PLEASE!
If you have any websites/blogs/anything please please please let me know. It's motivation for myself to see what others are doing to help themselves!! :D
99100insanity.weebly.com

Please help me. I think it will help you too. If you don't want to, you can still go ahead and add me on here. I will give you all of the motivation and support that you can ask for!

Replies

• pink59eldo
    Options
    Try skinnytaste.com.. the recipes on there are awesome and very family friendly. Other than that cook what you normally do but pick 'lite' or 'fat-free' options of your ingredients. Also try to cook with a lot more protein and fresh veggies :) good luck!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Try skinnytaste.com.. the recipes on there are awesome and very family friendly. Other than that cook what you normally do but pick 'lite' or 'fat-free' options of your ingredients. Also try to cook with a lot more protein and fresh veggies :) good luck!

"lite" and "fat-free" food options are not real food. They are heavily processed and full of additives. Eat real, whole foods!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    The New York Times has a recipes for health section. Friend them on Facebook, and you won't run into the Times monthly limit of 19 pages to view.

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/health/series/recipes_for_health/index.html
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Prevention.com has lots of heathy receipes.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Healthy Doesn't Mean Boring (a recipe blog) - http://healthydoesntmeanboring.blogspot.com/
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

"lite" and "fat-free" food options are not real food. They are heavily processed and full of additives. Eat real, whole foods!

agree! plus, fat free ranch dressing is gross, in my opinion. i'd rather use less of the real stuff for it to taste good. not that i am not guilty of buying light or fat free, but i am quickly learning that real is better!
  • pink59eldo
    Options

Wow it's not going to kill her or her family. It's just another option. Whole foods are just as good. Relax, I was just shedding some light on her situation.
  • pink59eldo
    Options

agree! plus, fat free ranch dressing is gross, in my opinion. i'd rather use less of the real stuff for it to taste good. not that i am not guilty of buying light or fat free, but i am quickly learning that real is better!

I agree that fat free ranch is gross and that real is better, but I was just giving options.
  • Goal_HourGlass
    Goal_HourGlass Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com is one of my favorites!! They have some great simple recipes. Love the slow cooker meals that are done when I return from work!! :-)
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    soscuisine.com

sparkpeople.com
  • AlyInsane
    Options
    Wow thanks so much everyone! I really appreciate this!