Bulk of calories in the morning?

Options
Anyone else eat the bulk of their calories in the morning? I wake up from 6-7 usually, consume about 250 before my run. At 10, I've usually had around 500 calories total.

With my limit at 1200, I'm definitely eating the bulk of my calories reeeally early, and it's totally working for me. Has anyone else found this system to work for them? I'm hungry for a small dinner at night and maybe a snack (I always hit 1200 though, no worries), then by morning I'm super hungry again, so it' works perfectly. Any downside to eating about 50% of your calories in the morning?

Replies

• kyliecakes0405
    kyliecakes0405 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You get your metabolism going really early and that's great. Another plus is the fact that you still have the entire day to burn off those calories. I wouldn't change the routine if it's been working for you.
  • treatingmybodyright
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I usually workout before I eat breakfast, so by the time I'm done, I'm starving, and it usually takes me until about 10 AM to fill up. My lunch and dinner are usually half the calories of my breakfast, and that suits me well. Best of luck!
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have been spreading mine apart but I might switch to this and try it.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Excellent, thank you! My eating routine is drastically different from friends/family, but I feel full throughout the day, so I figured it couldn't be wrong! Still, it always feels better to check.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Remember it doesn't matter when you consume your calories. You could, in theory, eat them all right before you go to bed, and as long as you get that calorie deficit, you'll be fine.

However, this is one of those things that determining when to eat them in order to make keeping that deficit easiest makes the journey that much more bearable! :D

FTR, I'm pretty much the opposite of you! I eat nothing for breakfast, small lunch, and a big dinner with snacks afterwards up till bedtime.
  • Timothytim2
    Options
    I have been known to try and save calories if I know I am going out for supper or that the menu is for some calorie heavy stuff! However like you most days I tend to eat early and ease off towards the end of the day!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'm the complete opposite- I eat throughout the day, but after dinner when I'm doing my homework is when I eat most of my calories :D As long as you do what your body tells you, all is well. As long as you're around your caloric goal, you will still lose weight.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I do the opposite and eat the bulk of my calories in the evening. But whatever works for you and your schedule is what you should do. Sounds like you are doing great.
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    There are no benefits or drawbacks to eating your calories at certain points through the day. The old saying goes "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper" is a complete myth. It's supposed to get your metabolism going in the morning, but in reality it takes days for even the smallest change in your metabolism to occur. Eating in the morning does nothing for your metabolism. Similarly, eating a lot at night does nothing negative for your metabolism. Meal timings mean nothing. All they're good for is suppressing your appetite to help you avoid unhealthy snacks. Do whatever works for you. Eating a lot in the morning clearly works for you, so keep doing it. Personally, I'm the opposite. I never have breakfast, have a decent sized lunch and a big dinner, and that works for me.
  • jlanz10
    jlanz10 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I eat the bulk of my calories by lunch...Then, go with a much lighter dinner...