trying to lose before the big day, maybe this site will help

Options
I've started keeping track of my calories and started walking at the track, hopefully soon I can join a gym and do better workouts there. I hope this site will help me and keep me motivated, its good to know that there are others out there in the same boat I'm in.

Replies

• futuremrswilloneal
    Options
    I've started keeping track of my calories and started walking at the track, hopefully soon I can join a gym and do better workouts there. I hope this site will help me and keep me motivated, its good to know that there are others out there in the same boat I'm in.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    welcome:flowerforyou:
  • oubeth1
    oubeth1 Posts: 34
    Options
    I too have a wedding coming up this year... in September. I am trying my best to get into shape for it. I joined a couple days ago and really love this site. The people are so friendly and helpful. You will be able to make your goal I am sure of it. :) Just keep up with the walking and you will start to feel great and before you know it, you will get to where you want to be. :wink:
  • razierazie
    Options
    Welcome to the site, I am also a brand new member of MFP and like yourself, am also engaged to be married. Good luck with your weight loss, from what I have seen and learned in the past week this site really can work, the calorie-counter is a wonderful tool!
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I joined this site April 1st and I lost 3 lbs already by doing cardio and watching my calorie intake. I know I would have lost more but I was week the last two weekends with all the good food my mother in law was making but I am back on board.

You will love it the people are great on here and they have a lot of great advice.

I am sure you can do it.
  • kpaulsen
    kpaulsen Posts: 25
    Options
    I got married last September. Make sure to take advantage of all your appointments and errands that you'll be running around doing. Park far away, plan ahead if you know you're going to be running wedding errands all day so you don't stop for fast food. Talk to your husband-to-be and see if you can work out a plan where you support each other.

One of the things that worked great for us was committing to 3-4 long walks each week after work. We could hash out wedding details, invite lists, catch up on each others' days, relieve stress, and slowly make some progress towards fitness.

Especially if you're more of a "do it yourself" bride, there will be plenty of tasks and activities that will keep you on your feet. Congratulations!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    My wedding day last September was a great source of motivation to lose weight and it definitely helped. I have some photos on my profile :wink:

My advice though is to be realistic about your weightloss goals for your wedding day. I mean not only are you trying to lose weight but you are planning your wedding! I'm not saying this is an excuse to not stay motivated and stay on track but the last thing you want is added stress.

Good luck and remember to enjoy planning your wedding and not to sweat the small stuff!:happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: