Bought a little black dress today!

Options
I went shopping today and, for the first time in ages, actually liked what I saw in the mirror. As of now, I have lost about 5 pounds of fat (and gained a couple pounds of muscle). I saw a petite black dress and had to have it for my winter chorus concert! Right now, I probably wouldn't feel comfortable wearing it in public, but my concert is in mid December, so i still have a good 4 weeks to get rid of a few more pounds! I am so excited and so motivated to look sexy in that dress (I'll definitely post pictures from the concert). I also have my bikini hanging on the wall to remind me of what i have to look forward to. What kind of things do you use to motivate you to continue eating well, exercising, and losing weight?

Replies

• avsingleton
    avsingleton Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    so awesome! w2g! congratulations!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yay, LBD! :)

I'm in need of a bit more motivation - heading towards complacency now I'm thinner than I have been in years. I guess I need to keep looking at my naked self and seeing the extra tummy and thighs that need to go. (Negative rather than positive reinforcement, but hey, I'm not obsessive or unhealthy over it. I'm prone to think I look better than I do so I need reminding that I've got a way to go!)
  • dancinonwater
    dancinonwater Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing, with the negative reinforcement. I just squeeze everything thats there and it reminds me how much i despise that fat and want it gone. I guess a mixture of positive and negative reinforcement works best for me.