I weigh everyday.... and I just noticed something

Options
KelLifts
KelLifts Posts: 99 Member
Now I know I haven't lost much. But... this was pretty great to me. I log my weight every day in my planner. I see the fluctuations everyday and some days I feel awesome... some days not so much. On the days I feel awful I work out a little bit longer and watch what I eat a little more. On days I feel awesome, I work out and enjoy it as a fun activity and feel good. I have been doing this a little over a month. Working out has become fun for me. Strange how that happened. Anyway... I was looking through my planner of this last month. My first week I lost 5 pounds. Second week .2 lbs lost. Third week 2 lbs lost, fourth week 1.2 lbs gained ( I was on my period... tmi I know) and then finally this fifth week.... 2.4 lbs lost. For a total of 8.4 pounds in a month. Wow. I am blown away by that. I have a sluggish thyroid and thought it would make it so much harder for me to lose weight. But.... I am encouraged by my first month to really stick to my plan, because I want to change. I want to look better and feel better about myself. Anyway.... yay! If you read this... thanks lol. Good Luck fellow MFPs! We got this! lol

Replies

• em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well done:)Doing a fantastic job and sounds to me like what your doing is working very well!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    congrats to you!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i have been doing the same thing from day 1..i do my body test on the wii every morning, and i log my bmi and weight daily..then, i have a paper by the computer with my bmi and weight on only the 1st of every month..that way i can see my progress in writing..i dunno why, but it really helps me..good luck, and great job:drinker: add me if you like
  • lockermama
    Options
    Wow! I'm impressed; keep up the good work!
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Congrats, great job!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    That's really good! I know it can be easy to get caught up in the day to day fluctuations, but when you look at the bigger picture, you're doing amazing.
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    Thank you for sharing as this may be extremely frustrating when there is no weigh change or weigh gain due to TOM. Congratulations. Keep up the good work!
  • KelLifts
    KelLifts Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! :)
  • KarenWas
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the great work!
  • Atleast40
    Atleast40 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great job, congratulations on your progress thus far! :smile:
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I log it on a calender every time i lose weight. see how long it took to lose the weight and see how much i lose per month. it keeps me motivated. though since im already at a lower weight the weight loss is getting a lot harder. Dx
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Great job...I was weighing daily but didn't work for me when Iost it seem to give me the ok to eat more when in reality I knew it was wrong. So I am weighing in weekly and finally had a loss.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    WTG! Keep up the awesome work! :)
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That scale can be definately motivating! I totally see fluctuations threw the week -- at one point it seemed like I was gaining weight as the week went on, but then I came back for a loss! I am trying to ease myself away from the scale hahaha!
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You are doing great !
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    YAY!!! So awesome and love the feeling you're talking about!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Good job well done on your loss
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!