Apples!

Options
GuillaineC
GuillaineC Posts: 74 Member
I have about 8 golden delicious apples and I was wondering what I could make with them.

Replies

• RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options
    apple crisp?? It's not the healthiest, but its easy and yummy and great to share with friends!
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    I like apple bread made with whole wheat flour!
  • sweets2001
    Options
    Apple sauce, apple cobbler
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I love apples in my tuna salad. It makes it crispy and gives it that sweet flavor in the salad. You should give it a try.

Also I like to make a chicken salad with apples and halved green grapes. Yummy!!
  • icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    baked apples.......less sugar needed!! peel and core..

take two cups hot water, pour in 1 cup of sugar and 2 tablespoon melted butter. place each apple in baking dish close to each other and pour this mixture over it. bake at 325 ..spoon mixture over each apple occasionally. Gives a yummy flavorfull desert. mostof sugar and butter are onthe bottom. serve with 1/2 cp fatfree sugar free icecream.
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Apple cobbler with oatmeal and splenda
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    baked apples with splenda cinnamon and brummel and brown spread
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Apple cobbler with oatmeal and splenda

this sounds good
  • davisvm
    davisvm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cut them into slices and serve with either monterey jack cheese slices or peanut butter. This is a healthy snack option.
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My favorite apple snack lately is this delicious combination I randomly came up with one day: Slice an apple medium-thin slices, put slices on a baking sheet, put peanut butter on each slice of apple and put a thin slice of sharp cheddar (I use a block of sharp cabot cheddar) on top of the peanut butter, broil until apples are hot and cheese is melty (I broiled it for about 4 minutes last night). It sounds weird but I don't know how I lived for so long without tasting these flavors together! I don't have exact amounts because I usually just wing it with this, but last night I made it for my boyfriend and myself and used 1 apple, about 1.5 tbsp peanut butter, and about 1.5 ounces of cheese. You could easily use less peanut butter and cheese as well to make it less calories, especially if you're not sharing with anyone! It was my boyfriend's first time trying it, and he asked me if I would make it for him again sometime :)
  • Biffybeans1
    Biffybeans1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Given to me by a friend who is on Weight Watchers (this is a WW recipe):

4 medium apples, cored
    1 teas. ground cinnamon
    1/2 teas. ground ginger
    1/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener
    1/4 cup water
    2 T. fresh lemon juice
    1/4 oz. fat free sugar free instant vanilla pudding, about 2 T.
    3/4 cup fat free milk

Preheat oven to 350 F. Using vegetable peeler, peel 1/2-inch horizontal strip around apples to help release juices during baking. Places apples in 9x9-inch baking dish. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, ginger and Splenda. Place 1 T. cinnamon mixture in cored-out center of each apple; sprinkle remaining cinnamon mixture over apples. Combine water and lemon juice in a cup; pour liquid around apples. Bake until apples are soft when pierced with a knife, about 15-20 min. Remove from oven. Pour pudding mix into medium bowl; whisk in milk to make a fairly thin sauce. Place each apple on individual serving plate and drizzle with sauce. Yield = 1 apple + 1/4 cup sauce per serving. WW Points = 1 (no other nutrition info. given).