foods i can eat alot

Options
what are some foods i can eat alot of but have few calories?

Replies

• mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Veg. You can eat tones and never meet your calorie goal.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Vegetables and low fat yogurt
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    i'd ike to know too! i love eating! the only things i know of are drinks: crystal light and diet soda... lol
  • MaggieWatson
    Options
    all vegetables, except avocado.
  • Kscardino26
    Kscardino26 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Natural fruits and Veggies. Low calories, natural sugars. Very filling for me at least.
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    vegetables. You can eat tons of them, be super full, and still have tons of calories left over. You can be creative with spices and such to make them more interesting if you like too! Like the other day I made a veggie soup, literally just threw a whole bunch of vegetables in a pot, boiled them, then added mint, oregano, dill, some salt and pepper, and viola, best soup everrrr.
  • thismonster
    Options
    Plain popcorn, you can add your own seasonings like cinnamon :)
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    yeah veggies and berries... although a lot of berries are high in sugar so I would be careful but if you're into snacking on veggies - i sometimes make a big bowl and keep going at them and its half the calories of anything that size and i get my munching fix ... nom nom nom :)
  • wamaverick
    wamaverick Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Vegetables & Some Soups! If you don't care for your veggies try using some spices to make them different flavors and tastes.
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn: 30 cal per cup. It's great if you want something to snack on. Any toppings (butter, oil, sprays) add calories though, so you have to remember to add them in too.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Celery, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, lettuce, radish, carrots.

For a few more calories, crab sticks/ seafood sticks at 4 for 50 calories are good.

Rice cakes are about 25 cals each.
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    veggies.... hate to sound like a broken record. I actually get tired of chewing before I get tired of eating...hah!

rice cakes is another good bet.

when i want to eat a lot of something i go for popcorn, or chew on ice, or frozen grapes.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Veggies and fruits.
  • AudreySchach
    AudreySchach Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love steamed carrots with some no salt seasoning and if i'm feeling really generous i add a teaspoon of olive oil!!
  • kaaaayla
    kaaaayla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    celery is extremely low-cal! one stalk of celery like 8 or 9 inches long is 10 cals or less! good to snack on if you're a person who eats when they're bored like i do :(
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I keep a ton of tuna on hand. I believe tuna is my guilt free snacks.....I love the protein and it is easy to throw a can in my backpack or keep in my car. Salmon has few calories and lots of protein. I keep cherry tomatoes and baby carrots out on the table at all times. Works for me. I usually try to drink water before I eat anything.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Frozen Veggies are my Best Friends!! :laugh: And certain Fruits like Grapes and Apples!
  • ccaym
    ccaym Posts: 86
    Options
    Fruits & vegetables! If you would like something sweet, cut up fruit tossed with a little yogurt, ground flax seed and cinnamon. So delicious. High water-content veggies like cucumber and celery with a protein rich dip or spread (hummus, homemade yogurt dip) is great too. I make some sort of variation of this super quick and tasty vegetable soup every week....

Drizzle of olive oil

2 cloves of garlic

28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes, plus two cans of water

16 oz. bag of frozen 'soup vegetables'

15 oz can of cannelini beans

1 - 2 tsp of italian seasoning

Minced garlic cloves and saute with tiny amount of oil in a large, heavy soup pot for 30 seconds to one minute. Add remaining ingredients and simmer very gently until vegetables are tender. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and pepper to taste. So good, and probably very low-cal. Subsitute chick peas and curry powder or black beans and cumin/chili powder (for the cannelini beans and italian seasoning...and omit the parm cheese) for a completely different taste.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Frozen Veggies are my Best Friends!! :laugh:

They used to be mine, too, but then they were too heavy for me to lug home and so I opted for the fresh veggies which spoil more quickly than frozen. May have to reacquaint myself with the frozen veggies. :laugh:
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    veggies.... hate to sound like a broken record. I actually get tired of chewing before I get tired of eating...hah!

rice cakes is another good bet.

when i want to eat a lot of something i go for popcorn, or chew on ice, or frozen grapes.
    lmao....It's true! You get tired of chewing! And there's so much of it...! When I first started out I was getting a sore tummy. Dr. had to point out that I wasn't chewing:)) Oh well... I guess you have to build muscel all over:happy: